• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    229 or it's single stack little brother the 239... as has been mentioned. Slightly lighter weight = 228. I think the M11 is a 228 by another name.

If the 229 and 239 are good enough for the Federal Air Marshals, they're good enough for you. :D

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would never buy a gun solely because a government agency bought them. Fortunately, Sig has far more and better validations.

Depending on the end-users of said firearms, it MAY be valid. Of course, the platforms chosen by the FAMs are/were tried & true before they were adopted...

And there was a hint of purple in my statement. But my B-I-L is a FAM. He loves his 229 and he loves his wife's 239. Some of his co-workers trust their lives and the lives of hundreds of others to the 239. If the platform didn't perform up to their expectations, I seriously don't think they'd have them. With the advent of the new striker fired Sig - it has me wondering if they'll entertain the switch. Probably not, however, as their manner of deep concealment almost necessitates the heavy first DA trigger pull that the DA/SA guns have. But I digress...

jbz400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    United States
    I love my 229 and 239, but for another option would be to get a 224. The size is right between them w the extended mag. It comes w a 12 round mag but you can get the 15round for them.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Not a Sig expert but a huge fan. I own four. My EDC is a P239. Capacity is 8+ 1. Sometimes I slide a spare mag in my pocket. I have never had a malfunction of any kind with any of my Sigs. If I need more capacity, I carry my P226 MK 25.

Top Bottom