• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Coserman just called the ball.

If your flagship product isn't slaying the competition the way you'd hoped, or the way it used to, just paint it up and make it shiny!

Their marketing and executive teams know a small sliver of the gun owning population buys most of the guns, especially higher up on the price scale. Few people are going to buy three identical P226s...but they'll buy a Nitro Big Game Hunter Bronze P226, a Stainless Hello Kitty Elite P226, a Molon Labe Desert Star Wars special edition P226, etc.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just my luck...I didn't even know they had a Molon Labe Desert Star Wars special edition P226 and now it's discontinued?!?!?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think you're right. The marketing people were trying to push more guns out the door with mostly cosmetic differences. I have no idea he ow that worked for them.

I do know the Legion series of guns are selling well enough that they keep extending the concept. You can now get a P220 Legion in 10mm and a P229 Legion SAO 9mm. I doubt if they would make the investment in the tooling necessary to do a SAO P229 (their first for that model) if the market wasn't showing signs of being hungry for it. I will get one as soon as availability and a good checkbook balance meet at the same time. I'm actually hoping to get a used one, but that could take a while longer. Finding used P226 SAO guns for much less than new gun prices is a challenge right now and it's been out for years.
    Well I got the egg carton case and coin, so there is that.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

Yeah, how could you *not* love the Legion??? I am an SAO guy as well, so maybe I need to get my P226 Legion a buddy with the P229 Legion SAO. Not sure what Mrs. Helix will say about that, but hey, it's only money, right?

For me, the Legion is a fine gun right out of the box, but I have heard others say that they could take add on parts and make a standard P-series into a "Legion" minus the finish. I think the price works out better to buy the Legion pre-made from SIG.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I am a sig fan who feels that all the silly models they were putting out tarnished the value of their marque and probably took focus away from more serious engineering. If I feel the need I can always search for a diamond plated purple gun with pink accents on the used market or pay to have my own made to look like a clowns prop. I doubt that the classic pistols are going anywhere but hope that sigs will get their dignity back including the 238 and 938.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I’m waiting for the “double secret probation” legion that comes with a ladder and an invitation to the toga party!

Don't forget that the coin is actually a key to your local Legion chapter's vomitorium. Bring your own Legion feather.

Yeah, how could you *not* love the Legion??? I am an SAO guy as well, so maybe I need to get my P226 Legion a buddy with the P229 Legion SAO. Not sure what Mrs. Helix will say about that, but hey, it's only money, right?

Dooo eet!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I’m really missing the stainless-frame models and those with the larger Elite beavertail.

Very few Stainless framed 229s on offer.

Top Bottom