• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    I got my P6 a while back and put $30 worth of new springs in it just because it was an early 80's build. It's been a good carry, and reliable shooter. I've run a bunch of the Hornady XTP hollow points through it. I think the bullet shape has a lot to do with the JHP feed issues reported for the gun.

I highly recommend it as an all around great gun and think it's an excellent value at the prices you're talking about.

Some of the S&W third gen 9mm single stacks are good buys too, maybe just a little harder to run across in my experience.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    At the price you're talking about, it's a very good value for a P6. Try out a couple different makes of JHP before you carry though because the few I've shot are very particular about the feeding certain brands. Federal HST's and Speer Gold Dots seem to feed pretty reliably. I'd agree with down3green and adding new springs is a good investment if you don't know how the gun was run before you had it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The single-stack P6 is an excellent pistol. Compact but still large enough for my full hand. In that size range, my P7 and CS-45 get carried a lot more but I still haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of the P6.

It is soft shooting and accurate. I guess I got lucky - mine will feed all of the HPs I have tried.

Germans...

IMG_6409.jpg

That's one of my issues, I'm a big guy with big hands, my Witness (CZ-75 frame) and 1911's with arched mainspring housings fit me well, I don't care for small small grips, so I think the size would be a good fit...

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I've got big hands too. (And enormous feet! :):) I've carried a P226 since 1989. The grip is just right for my hand and I love the accuracy when shooting single action.

Flex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    SIGS

All Sigs are good guns you
    228_229.jpg

cant go wrong with any of the models. I have a P228 my trusted gun in my collection.

chevy2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    The P 6 is reputed to have some feed issues with hollow point ammo.But the sig family has a great reputation for reliability so I would jump in.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    There are very few aftermarket Sig parts out there. If you look in the Brownell's catalog, you can probably find 6,000 parts for a Glock and 12,000 parts for a 1911 and about 3 parts for a Sig; short trigger, grips screws, and aftermarket grips. Glock claims about 70% of the L.E. market. Sig claims about 1/3 of the L.E. market. (Yes, I know the math doesn't add up.) Sig used to own a bigger part of the market but, despite what the Glock guys say, Glock took over primarily by being cheaper. I am not saying Glocks are bad but when we tested at Evansville P.D., the two best performing guns were both Sigs. We ended up with the third-best performing gun (Glock 21) based on the price. Sig makes a very reliable product if you don't mind the doble-action/ single-action trigger. That is the other area where Glocks have an advantage- their safe-action trigger is easier for most people to adapt to since it's the same every time. Some people have a hard time transitioning from double-action to single-action, especially if they don't practice enough.

Top Bottom