• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fineguitarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have owned several Sigs, and really prefer the ones with Gemany on the slide. I have never had a mis-fire or jam with the "Germany on slide" versions, but have on the others.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'd love to buy a Sig Legion 229. Already have a 3 other Sig pistols, and I think this would be totally worth it. Honestly, I had been debating one trading one to get the Legion. Still debating it. Oh if I could be rich.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I think the Legion is worth the money if you want all those features: nice finish, sweet sights, awesome trigger w/ short reset, super cool grips...
    Just don't play with it in your sandbox...

Wilsonshawn51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I have a legion and it is the best gun I've ever shot! The night sight are top notch, the smaller mag release, de-cock, and slide release make for a super comfortable grip! The grip itself is excellent and on top of all that it is just gorgeous!

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have a legion and it is the best gun I've ever shot! The night sight are top notch, the smaller mag release, de-cock, and slide release make for a super comfortable grip! The grip itself is excellent and on top of all that it is just gorgeous!
    Well said!! But I haven't shot mine, I'm afraid to get it dirty!!

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it!!

Thanks everyone else for their input...I wasn't totally sold on the Legion series but went on a 226 hunt today. Checked out a few shops, looked around to what was in stock. Really I'd pretty much decided I'd more than likely go with a Enhanced Elite or the Extreme (really like my 229 Extreme), but never found either in stock in the stores I looked at...I did find a Legion 226 DA/SA for not that much more than what I would drop for the other 2 models I was originally looking for.. Well it's now on layaway lol!

Pictures and a range report when you bring it home please

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Here's an example. Let's say I bought a gun off my gunbroker watch list right now:

Sig 9mm P226 1988 All German 16 rd 1 Mag E26R9B : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    1987 manufacture date P226 (used) $550 (after transfer fee and shipping)

Sig custom shop round trip shipping: $55
    Action Enhancement Package: $180
    Full Service package (new springs, etc.) $85
    Short Reset Trigger: $100

Trijicon HD sights: $135

Total: $1105

So, roughly the same cost as a Legion. The custom shop worked gun will have a better trigger, I've tried them back to back. The Legion will have nicer grips and controls. Sights are highly personal, but for my eyes the HDs are much better than the X-ray sights. The Legion will be available to you as soon as you buy it, the custom shop will require delayed gratification. The Legion is cosmetically superior. The German made Sig let's you complain that all the new Sigs are butt that Cohen ruined and you've got real German steel that you punks today just don't appreciate....:):

Which is the "better" gun? Neither, or both. Depends on what the person values.
    :yesway:

Very true Statement ,
    The only thing I question on the Legion is the Finish , I prefer the Nitron finish guns for the maintenance and cleaning

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Pictures and a range report when you bring it home please

I've put 200 rounds through it. It's a nice good shooting pistol, and enjoy it. But I will add that I don't really see much of an advantage over my 229 Extreme other than the "cool" factor. Think I would have been just as happy with a 226 Extreme, but for less than a hundred bucks more the Legion was kind of a no brainer. I do have concerns with the finish durability after seeing some issues online, but I'm not overly concerned as the Legion will mostly be a range pistol.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

I've put 200 rounds through it. It's a nice good shooting pistol, and enjoy it. But I will add that I don't really see much of an advantage over my 229 Extreme other than the "cool" factor. Think I would have been just as happy with a 226 Extreme, but for less than a hundred bucks more the Legion was kind of a no brainer. I do have concerns with the finish durability after seeing some issues online, but I'm not overly concerned as the Legion will mostly be a range pistol.
    Very nice collection. I'll have to get my Sig family together for a photo one day.

Top Bottom