• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fast_project

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    I am wanting to pick up a Sig mosquito. Does anyone know of any dealers who stock this gun in Indianapolis? What I can expect to pay? I saw one at pop guns with the fake can but I'm sure they wanted $499 for it and that seems a little high to me.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I think we paid $285 for a used one at a 1500 in March, and that was considered high. It's an alright pistol to learn on, but it's VERY picky about ammo. Mine only likes CCI Stingers (and yes, we've tried a dozen different varieties), and even those tend to FTF every 50 rounds or so. Then again, it is a .22. :)-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think we paid $285 for a used one at a 1500 in March, and that was considered high. It's an alright pistol to learn on, but it's VERY picky about ammo. Mine only likes CCI Stingers (and yes, we've tried a dozen different varieties), and even those tend to FTF every 50 rounds or so. Then again, it is a .22. :)-

I really disliked shooting your Mosquito. I thought it was wholly unnecessary for a .22 to have a 14 lb trigger pull.
    :twocents:

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    PSS has the version with the threaded barrel for $320. At the last Indy1500 (August) most tables had the regular version for like $340 - $350ish

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I didn't notice where you were located but Plainfield Shooter's Supply usually has one or two of the standard version in the case priced right around 300 bucks.

I bought one there. After a 700 or so round break in period, which I put through it in the first two days I had it, it goes through federal bulk ammo without much of any problem at all.

I have to agree on the trigger, though. It is entirely too heavy for the gun, even in single action. The sights also seem cheap to me. Other than that, I have no complaints about the gun. Now that I've run a bunch of ammo through it, mine seems to function without a problem. If you can overcome the monster trigger pull and wide spaces between the sight posts, it's plenty accurate for a .22 plinker.

Top Bottom