• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I went to the shooting range today with my mosquito (got 3 weeks ago used) and my new sig 522 and while shooting the side on the mosquito broke behind the front sight and the rest of it about hit me in the face :( So I tired to get a hold of sig to see if they have hear about this before and all they want me to do is pay them $200 to send it in. I ask to speak to a manager and they tell me that they are not in or they are on the phone. Not to happy with there customer service at this point, kinda regretting buying the 522 now. Anyone herd of this or have a person they deal with at sig that might be able to help :xmad: Will post pics in a little while.
    hope this link works

Shooting range | Facebook

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I went to the shooting range today with my mosquito (got 3 weeks ago used) and my new sig 522 and while shooting the side on the mosquito broke behind the front sight and the rest of it about hit me in the face :( So I tired to get a hold of sig to see if they have hear about this before and all they want me to do is pay them $200 to send it in. I ask to speak to a manager and they tell me that they are not in or they are on the phone. Not to happy with there customer service at this point, kinda regretting buying the 522 now. Anyone herd of this or have a person they deal with at sig that might be able to help :xmad: Will post pics in a little while.

That freaking sucks, I know a guy that has a sig mosquito & it's a jammer, he want to sell it, but I told him to send it back to sig

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    That is some BS! $200 seems a bit steep since Gun Parts Corp lists a price of $112.30 for a slide assembly.(of course they don't have one in stock) Then again, I see Sig wants $50 alone just for a "Date of Manufacture Certificate", Really now,$50 to tell you when your gun was made??? It is "Suitable for framing" though. Your best bet might be to see how much they would sell you a slide assembly for or, start asking to speak with the head people listed on their website. If all else fails and you get no satisfaction,start posting photos of the gun on all the gun forums to let people know the kind of service you received from Sig.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    hope this link works

Shooting range | Facebook

How are your welding skills:dunno:

fishin4wd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Quit while you are behind. The Sig isn't worth fixing. The gun is terribly unreliable with even expensive ammo. I'm selling mine before it breaks!

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I am sorry to hear that happened. I was nervous buying a mosquito due to the limited warranty. I have about 1000 rounds through my Mosquito Sport so I must have gotten one of the few good ones since many people dislike them.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    Well, After 23 voice mails I got some one higher up to call me back. I explained the whole situation with it, and he gave me a run around to start with. After a 20 min conversation he agreed if I paid shipping they would replace the side and do every upgrade, repair they have come up with including the new trigger system for free. That is more that I was hoping for. I would have to say it was a pain in the rear to deal with there customer service but if you are peresistant it will pay off. What I found kinda odd he said that the quality of what is made in Germany(out sourced to a company called GSG) is not the same as the US, that is why they only have a limited warranty.

fishin4wd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Sig Customer Service

Did you get an extension number or something? They are giving me the run around too!

Top Bottom