• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Just finished a phone call with my gunsmith, I gave him my girls pink Sig skeeter because it was an unreliable heap. He has been in contact with Sig and they just issued a recall. I don't know if its all the Mosquito line or just from a particular yr. if your having function issues like we had you may want to give them a call.

1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    what type of "function" issues were you having? I have one and it also has some small "issues" intermittantly....

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Ftf, fte, stove pipes, the recall I guess is for the extractor, he said with an empty case he would cycle the weapon and it wouldn't eject the case, there's a gap that shouldn't be there, he told me there is a video showing this problem on the net. At first Sig told him he had the wrong spring, it's his fault, it's my fault ect... Then this video popped up and it was almost instant...recall

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Mini mags, bulk crap, change the springs or don't, that thing was the second worst pistol I ever bought. Will Sig make it right, I hope so. If I had it to do over again id buy the Ruger 22/45

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I haven't really heard anything good at all about the mosquitoes, if I was ever going to buy a 22 pistol (that wasn't a ruger mark II/III), I'd stick with an mp22 or sr22. Even then I'm not sure about those...

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Got my wife a pink one a year or two ago, shoot CCI mini mags, no problems. When it was new I field stripped it, cleaned it, and re-oiled it. We took it to the range and put a few hundred rounds through it and never looked back. I don't have a .22, my Garand scares them. If you got a bad one, Sig should make it right. My buddy has a P220 and swears it is the greatest thing ever, then again, so do glock, kimber, and other <insert brand here> owners.

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Started out on the Mosquito. Just like everyone says, feed it good ammo and it is a dream. Excellent feel, and a perfect starter gun. My kids love shooting it and the Ruger 10/22 TD.

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    love mine... got to keep it clean and in the correct spring/ ammo combo and all is well.
    anyone know if there is a serial number range on the recall? Would be helpfull for future acquisitions...

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Secret to having the Mosquito run all ammo. Polish the feed ramp, open the chamber ever so slightly, and stone the slide rails & mating surfaces, making sure there is no paint or burs.

Mine runs everything, smooth as silk!

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    Best thing to do is trade or sell the SIG. I had one for a couple of years and the only thing it would run on was CCI stingers and than only if it was very clean. I used the money I got selling mine and bought a Ruger SR22. This thing runs everything I feed in including the 60 gr. If you have a can DO NOT try the 60 gr at keyholes every shot. I expected this however as the twist is 1:16 and the 60 gr needs 1:9 or 1:8.

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    I never knew people had so many issues with then I was thinking of getting my wife one, maybe ill go with a ruger instead...

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Had a 'Skeeter for a couple years, loved to shoot it. CCI high velocity ammo, cleaned after every use, and had 1 (one) FTF.

Would still have it, if I hadn't traded for a Remington 7400 in .270Win.

(Yes, I got the better of that deal...)

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    i just ordered a purple skeeter for my daughter should be in this week, I have several rugers and if only if the sr22 came in purple I would have bought one instead...... but sig makes a purple one - kinda cool purple metal flake frame w/ black slide oh and it has yellow site dots, that's the other thing she wanted purple frame and yellow dots super- I read all the old posts from 3-4 + years ago with feed issues etc and the current crop we've coon fingered all seem to have the feed ramp polished and lower ledge removed. it does seem to feel more substantial in the hand than the sr22 does too. I found a shop with a bunch of them in most colors for $349 shipped w/ extra mag and sig paddle holster and paid via cc without any extra charges....... plus I already have a few boxes of cci mini mag AR 40 gr round nose fmj. I anticipate excellent results Dan T

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    My skeeter runs fine un-less we feed it crap bulk ammo and then only intermittent issues.

Im in total agreement with this! I took this to the extreme when trying to figure out what the best ammo would be for my Skeeter. Sig recommens the CCI mini mags so what I did was make an Excel spreadsheet of the .22 ammo readily available for purchase and matched the ballistic data readily available on the mini mag, with those of other rounds. Remington Thunderbolts work great at a fraction of the price and I found them to be in the acceptible range for muzzle velocity as that of the cci mini mags (CCI muzzle vel is 1260 and TBolts are 1255). I have also shot Remington Goldens without a problem as well as the CCI Blazer (not the quiet type however). Most match grade ammos' will indeed stove pipe and jam from my experience as well, thus the reason to also own a .22 six shooter.

Top Bottom