• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I just got my MPX stock today from Sig after waiting forever on my SBR paperwork....and it seems a bit short. I was expecting it to take up all the space in the groves. All the images I have seen and the demo I handled had it filling up the entire space. Is it just me or is the stock short?

mpx-issu.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I just got my MPX stock today from Sig after waiting forever on my SBR paperwork....and it seems a bit short. I was expecting it to take up all the space in the groves. All the images I have seen and the demo I handled had it filling up the entire space. Is it just me or is the stock short?

View attachment 44357

Honestly, the Sig stocks seem to be all over the place on the sizes. I was watching a video yesterday and noticed that their stock seemed awfully short.
    Here is a screenshot from the video.

An MPX Carbine from GunBroker.

Random pic from the web.

Titanium stock from ZRTS in Noblesville.

This is a link to the video

The SIG MPX: The King is dead, long live The King - The Firearm Blog

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

View attachment 44357

That is the difference from two different model codes... One was made specifically for the MPX while the otherone is a more generic one that is use on both the MPX and MCX.... from what I gathered from arfcom. The original orders that people made were for the first one..... but mid summer the orders were placed under the second one...... however, the longer one has not been shipped out for months (no reason why) while the shorter one has been having orders fulfilled lately.

image_zpsvqom5kaw.jpeg

Last edited:

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    I believe the problem is they wanted to make the stock universal to the MCX and the MPX. The MCX, being 5.56, has a much bigger ejection port. It uses up more of the real estate on that side, requiring a shorter rod.
    I don't know that SIG has discontinued the MPX specific one. But, if they now have a "universal-X" one, I would bet that is the case.
    Supposedly the shorter rods have the same extended length of pull, but I can't remember where I read that.

Just bought a factory MPX SBR @ the 1500. Now the agonizing months of waiting begin!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I still like the top stock here the best, plus you don't have to worry about different length rods :)

IMG_7738.jpg

I doubt Sig has discontinued the MPX stock, but if they're making on that can be used on both the MCX and MPX, they're probably cranking more of those out right now. Some people it will probably bother, most probably wouldn't care.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I believe the problem is they wanted to make the stock universal to the MCX and the MPX. The MCX, being 5.56, has a much bigger ejection port. It uses up more of the real estate on that side, requiring a shorter rod.
    I don't know that SIG has discontinued the MPX specific one. But, if they now have a "universal-X" one, I would bet that is the case.
    Supposedly the shorter rods have the same extended length of pull, but I can't remember where I read that.

Just bought a factory MPX SBR @ the 1500. Now the agonizing months of waiting begin!

What is the barrel length?

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    What is the barrel length?

8"

It is a GEN I with the telescoping stock. I didn't want to start down the keymod rabbit hole! I already ordered the thin stock so I can try both configurations (20% off shot show discount right now, or I would have waited)

I'm doing the individual route, so I am anticipating in 8 or 9 months I will be able to actually shoot the thing! :(

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just submitted my information for my stamp (trust method) last night. I got the barrel cut down to four inches and the stock ordered...

Top Bottom