• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    First off let me say I am a complete novice with regards to handguns, but I am looking to get into the game. After quite a bit of research and handling many guns, I think I have narrowed it down to two different models. I really like the Sig SP2022 and the FNH FNP, both in 9mm.

I know these are fairly large weapons, so I don't know how CC would really work. I have heard guys say no way and guys say it is their EDC. I suppose it is personal preference. All of the reviews on both weapons are outstanding. I like the external hammer with the decocker. I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying the Sig locked and cocked, as there is no safety. There is a model of the FNP that has an external safety.

Right now I am leaning towards the Sig because come on, it's a Sig. I am told it is an incredibly smooth weapon in both DA and SA.

Any input from anybody that has either of these weapons or has experience with them?

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    First off let me say I am a complete novice with regards to handguns, but I am looking to get into the game. After quite a bit of research and handling many guns, I think I have narrowed it down to two different models. I really like the Sig SP2022 and the FNH FNP, both in 9mm.

I know these are fairly large weapons, so I don't know how CC would really work. I have heard guys say no way and guys say it is their EDC. I suppose it is personal preference. All of the reviews on both weapons are outstanding. I like the external hammer with the decocker. I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying the Sig locked and cocked, as there is no safety. There is a model of the FNP that has an external safety.

Right now I am leaning towards the Sig because come on, it's a Sig. I am told it is an incredibly smooth weapon in both DA and SA.

Any input from anybody that has either of these weapons or has experience with them?

First off. I am a Sig kinda guy. Love them, and encourage anyone to drink the Sauer Koolaid. Say it out loud, and you will get the pun.:laugh:

I am 5'10", 150lbs soaking wet and can/do conceal a Sig Pro, a P226, and P229 on a regular basis. The belt and the shirt are the most important part, assuming you don't wear skin tight jeans. Sigs are never meant to be carried cocked n locked, because you can't carry it locked, only cocked. But a round in the chamber, decocking lever, and DA first shot is perfectly fine and I do it everyday. Yes, they are incredibly smooth trigger pulls, and also, they are built like tanks. I have never had a FTF or FTE ever, and I bought my 229 used, and I personally have over a 1k rounds through it. I vote Sig, but I am biased and will recommend you get to feel, and shoot if you can, them both. What works for some, doesn't work for everyone.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I would go with the FN. I've been extremely impressed with my FNP 45 tac. I haven't shot the 2022 but did like the 229 my friend has. Either way your going to have a quality pistol.

I tend to get FN firearms due to the military discounts they had last year.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    My FNP .45 has been absolutely flawless. Fantastic gun. All controls are ambidextrous, trigger is great out of the box, recoils like a 9mm, and 15 rounds of .45 on tap. Oh, and I CC it every day for about 10 hours. :draw:

mmorph55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Lafayette
    First off, I havent tried that sig model. I do have an FNX9. With its adjustable backstrap, you can tailor it to your hand. It has a very well balanced feel. Accurate, 17+1, 3 mags, and I havent had a problem in over 1500 rounds (feeding everything).

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a FNP45 TAC, have owned a Sig p226, have shot FNP 9 and 40, as well as Sig P220. Both manufacturers are fantastic and you cannot go wrong on either decision honestly. For me I prefer FNH USA, Sig is a close second. At this point, you just need to pick up several different ones and see which fits your taste.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I just got a FNP 9 last weekend. So far I love it.
    The only problem I have had was finding a holster, I was able to dig into the used holsters at Primier Arms and found one that fits like a glove. I think it was for a Sig.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I would say it's a toss up between the two. I don't think you will be disappointed with either option.

Sig Sauer definitely has the history on the market as being super reliable and durable. Although they have been having some quality control issues here recently.

FNH hasn't had pistols on the market for many years but my brother owns an FNP 9 and the thing functions flawlessly and appears to be made of quality components.

If you compare just by price, the FNH will win most times as Sig's tend to be a little more money.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i've got an old sig, like maybe 16-17 years old. its great!
    but today i would save the money and buy the FN. basically them same gun as far as features go, a couple hundred bucks cheaper and no worry about sigs recent hit and miss with quality

good luck with whatever you decide

jake

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have a sig 226 and my brother has the 2022 and they are great guns, but I also have a FNP9, FNP40 and FNP45 and like them more than the sigs. It is as much what feels good to you in this situation. They are both excellent guns, built like tanks, and very reliable. The sig pro and the FNP have about the same price tag so you really cant go wrong either way.

Let us know which way you decide to go and enjoy your future new firearm.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I just got a FNP 9 last weekend. So far I love it.
    The only problem I have had was finding a holster, I was able to dig into the used holsters at Primier Arms and found one that fits like a glove. I think it was for a Sig.

I use the same holster that I bought for a sig 226. It fits great, but I had to do a tiny bit of stretching on the top strap to get it to snap closed. Other than that the 226 holster works about perfect.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    can/do conceal a Sig Pro, a P226, and P229 on a regular basis.

At the same time? :dunno:

:):

FWIW, I think the SP2022 is SIG-Sauer's most underrated pistol. It seems to hang right with the "classic" SIGs in terms of accuracy and reliability, but gets no props from the fanboyz. We sell lots of them and have had no complaints at all, other than it only comes with 1 mag in most cases, and spares are expensive.

The FNP is a larger gun than the SIG, but I think it represents a better value for the $$. It's a good-looking, good shooting pistol, but again it gets no love. We have a hard time moving FNPs and FNXs at the shop.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom