• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fnl388w

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Gary
    SIG's are fine pieces of machinery! This might be bulky to carry, if you are wanting to conceal it, but for outer carry, it would be great. Like Boz said, SIG's are addictive....

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    226, 229, and 239, that I know of.. will be able to change barrels. The easiest way to go about it is to get a .40 or .357, which will have a larger barrel to start, then you can get the other one of those two that you dont have in a stock barrel, and a 9 in a conversion barrel, and a .22 conversion barrel, .22 mag, and you're a total 4 caliber shooter!! Right now I'm sticking to .40 and .22 in my 229... and waiting for that STEAL of a deal to come along on another barrel.

Additions or corrections, folks?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sig makes great firearms. It will do you just fine for personal protection. Sigs just dont feel right in my hand otherwise I would own one. If it feels good to you then go for it, you will not be disapointed. Good luck with your decision.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Sigs are great guns. I have both a P226 and a P228. Like others have said the 228 (or 229) is slighty easier to conceal. You'll be down 2 rds, if that makes a difference. If you are going to CC IWB the extra length of the 226 barrel won't really matter.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hey, huzyerdaddy you can not go wrong with a SIG. A P228 or P229 will do you just fine!

Sigs are great guns. I have both a P226 and a P228. Like others have said the 228 (or 229) is slighty easier to conceal. You'll be down 2 rds, if that makes a difference. If you are going to CC IWB the extra length of the 226 barrel won't really matter.

And dye, you are not 2 rounds down if you load up a P226 mag and put it in a P228! Brownells did have a bottom spacer for the 226 mags so the space would be filled in for using it in a P228. If I remember correctly the 9mm P229 will also take the P226 mag. Myself, I prefer the German made factory SIG mags. There is also a Factory SIG 20 round mag for the 226 that will work in a 228. Makes a good mag to keep with the 228 at home! :twocents:
    one more

JTPharmD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Eastside
    ... and a .22 conversion barrel, .22 mag, and you're a total 4 caliber shooter!! Right now I'm sticking to .40 and .22 in my 229... and waiting for that STEAL of a deal to come along on another barrel.

Additions or corrections, folks?

Do you not need a conversion slide to shoot the .22 out of a 226/229? Last I saw, these were not cheap ($250-300ish) investments, no?

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have a SIG 226. I rarely if ever carry it. It is a LARGE, thick gun, and it sort of makes me wonder why people balk at the size of a Ruger but say nothing about SIG pistols. ??

It is a joy to shoot. And also a very good looking handgun, but if I had it to do over again, I would spend the money on something else.

Just my opinion, but too much $$ for what I consider a slightly better than average firearm. Probably won't purchase another one new unless I come across some blue screaming deal.........

Just my opinion.

JTPharmD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Eastside
    Deadeye, I wasn't trying to correct you as much as I was trying not to get excited about a cheaper option being available. I love my 229. And I hate the price of .40 right now. I get it when I can and where I can for as cheap as I can, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd love to be shooting up more of it. Probably a slide conversion would end up saving me money, if I had it long term, but, I think I'm in the "for that price, I'll just go buy a Walther P22 to plink with" camp.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That's completely understandable. The big thing for me was that I bought the 229 classic for right at 400.00 anib, and HAD the .22, and on a sig platform. Then later I bought the .40 kit, and can expand from there. All in all 750.00 or so, and I was able to plink away with the .22 till finances allowed me to get the .40 kit. If you didn't already have the .40, a "classic" in .22 would really be something to look at. And you might keep an eye on Sigforum and GB. I see .22 kits go pretty reasonably pretty often.

louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    YES TO SIG.

I have 3 Sigs, all model P226 and in 9mm.
    The one I like the most is my Navy Seal model that I got when there was an over run on a military order.

I am not talking about the NSA models, I am talking about the exact Navy Seal Sig right down to the serial number. It is one "sweet" pistol.

louielouie

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Those .22 slides are worth their weight in gold. I LOVE them!

Many of your Sigs are pretty thick (which I like). If you find them to be too thick, you might try the single stack versions like the 239.

The link that wtf gave you is great. You might try to keep your eyes open at gun shows, ZX guns sometimes has CPO sigs. Looks for the red boxes at shows.

Top Bottom