• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    On April 2 I bought a new P226 in 40 cal., I took it to the range on April 5th, after 1 round the gun jammed and I found the extractor had broken off. This is the first time I've ever had any problem with a brand new gun, especially a Sig. On the following Monday (April 7), I called Sig's Service Department and was told they would send out an extractor in a couple days, or I could send the gun to them and they would fix it and return it in 3-4 weeks. I chose to have them ship the extractor and I would repair the gun myself. As of today, April 19th, I've still don't have an extractor for my gun. I called them yesterday and was told they were unsure why it hasn't been shipped yet, but they would make it a priority to get it out ASAP. I'm wondering now, if I had shipped the gun to them, maybe they would have lost it or or worse. I know Sig is a huge company with a lot of employees, and they're probably really busy, but come on, 2 weeks to ship a part that small and of importance to get one of their new products back into operation and keep the owner happy. I would recommend to anyone thinking about a new gun purchase to check on Forums like this to see if there have been issues with certain guns and also check real close for broken parts, because mine may very well have been broken when I bought it and never realized it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I know you have already asked them to send you the part but if it were me I would have sent the gun back to them on their dime. In those cases have them send you a shipping label and fire it back to them. They may find that there was another reason for the failure. Also while I haven't replaced a Sig extractor I have attempted to replace one on a M&P and several broken punches and a trip to the gunsmith later I got it done. They also might send along a little something for your trouble like an extra mag.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    After the length of time it has already taken just to send me an extractor, they probably would have lost my gun! If I could have found one around here, I would have just bought a new one and it would be in use now!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I personaly would have shipped them the gun and let them set it. I have a lot of experience with SIG's both privately owned and having used one for duty for 15 years. While issues are rare One thing about SIG I don't like is they use to have a lot of arrogance and were not to interested in returning calls or quick to help an individual or individual Officer. I remember trying to get 8 round 45 P220 mags (back in 1996/7 before they became standard) They were on order from Germany they said for like 3 months. Not that I deserved any special treatment and not saying that (even though the haters are gonna hate) but when I asked if a official letterhead from the US Marshals Service good enough help expedite (or could I order them from Germany myself) they didn't care. If I was Midland TX ordering 300 guns though they got 8 rounds. Amazing how that worked. Hopefully their CS has improved (I'm pretty sure it has).

Good luck

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I got my replacement extractor in the mail today, guess what, they sent the wrong one. When I originally talked to CS on the phone, I told them it was a brand new model with the long extractor. They promptly told me the P226's all take the same extractor. So much for that, now I have to wait another week to get another one sent out. I asked CS if it could be expedited, and was told it will take about a week before it would ship. According to CS, the good thing is, the part is free! Well that's real comforting, since I paid over $600 for a new gun that broke after the first shot. I have been a big Sig supporter forever, but now I'm reconsidering my opinion. I got an email from the CS representative I spoke with today, and he wanted a picture of my gun to make sure which extractor I need for my gun, go figure that one out. So I complied, hopefully this will speed up the shipment and I can finally get a chance to shoot my new gun! This problem all started on April 7th, and now here it is the 23rd.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So did you fire the gun and the extractor broke or was it broken when you bought it?

Also it sounds like you need their new extractor for the E2 Slide which means its really fun getting that pin out with out the right tool. If you were able to let me know what punch you used and if it destroyed the roll pin.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've already driven the roll pin out just far enough to remove the broken extractor. I have a big set of punches, and was able to drive the pin out with one of the very smallest ones. I didn't drive it out completely, leaving it partially protruding out of the top of the slide. The extractor pivots on the pin and uses a spring inside of another larger spring to make the extractor work. As far as the breakage, I'm not sure if it was broken when I bought the gun, or if it broke during the first shot. Regardless, I will look my next gun purchase over with a fine toothed comb.

Top Bottom