• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I said is it worth it I meant could I get an equally good gun for less value for the dollar am I really gain ing that much more with the Sig. I carry a glock 19 now.

How do you expect to measure that? What criteria, weighted how, and at what dollar increment?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I love mine, but it is a bit large to carry. It is the one gun I would trust my life to if I had to choose. That said, I have really been wanting to get a 229 for edc. It's a bit smaller and everything else is the same.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Carry the 226, it carries you! Really, I carry it often, but also carry s&w shield. Options are good that said, 226 only 20% of the time.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I only own sig and h&k (14 to be exact ). Plainly put, yes, a sig is def worth the money, whether it's new, cpo, or gunbroker used. Same with h&k.

If bought used, either brand will sell for what you bought it for, even 10 yrs down the road.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I always thought sigs were overpriced... then I bought one... best da/sa gun I've shot (P226) and I now own a P320 and it's fantastic also.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If possible, rent or borrow one. Whatever gun you shoot best is the one that's 'worth the money'.

It's a personal preference. Someone may prefer Sigs, someone else CZ's, someone else HK's, someone else FN's, and so forth. Each will wax romantically on the trigger, or whatever their favorite feature.

But we're talking an EDC. A gun which (god forbid) you may call upon some day to defend your life, or those in your purview. So, all that really matters is how it works for YOU.

Doesn't matter if it's a highly engraved Wilson Combat, or a High Point. Doesn't matter if it punches holes in paper than anything else on the planet. It only matters how it works for you to defend your life.

Top Bottom