• Total voters

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    you make it sound as if the sig as 20levers

Well, you're right--Heck I've never owned a Sig..Just got my first Glock a couple of years ago.

It's been a LONG way from my S&W revolvers..HA HA....Bill.
    you need to feel the diffrence! lol run down to your local gun store and fondle one for yourself......now dont rub it too much cause youll ended up owning it! lol ......glocks are awsome i always recommended the. to first tiime gun buyers for the simplicity to it but the sig in my hands is a perfect fit and i can shoot it very well so iv just been infatuated either gun wellthe job all cones down to which one you can shoot best cause at the the end of the day if you can hit anything with your bullets you might aswell use it as a club ......in which case the sig would be best since its all metal:dunno::rockwoot:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Que; It can be field stripped without having the desire to throw the thing against a wall. Lastly said:
    If you can't field strip a Glock...
    Glock gives you a similar warning Sig does:
    from the sig manual:

2. The use of reloaded, “remanufactured” hand-loaded, or other non-standard
    ammunition voids all warranties. reloading is a science and improperly loaded
    ammunition can be extremely dangerous. Severe damage to the firearm and
    serious injury to the shooter or to others may result. always use ammunition that
    complies with the industry performance standards established by the Sporting
    arms and ammunition Manufacturers’ institute, inc. (SaaMi) of the united States
    or ammunition manufactured to military specifications.

Glock does add they don't "recommend" the use of unjacketed lead ammo. They don't say you can't.:twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you can't field strip a Glock...
    Glock gives you a similar warning Sig does:
    from the sig manual:

2. The use of reloaded, “remanufactured” hand-loaded, or other non-standard
    ammunition voids all warranties. reloading is a science and improperly loaded
    ammunition can be extremely dangerous. Severe damage to the firearm and
    serious injury to the shooter or to others may result. always use ammunition that
    complies with the industry performance standards established by the Sporting
    arms and ammunition Manufacturers’ institute, inc. (SaaMi) of the united States
    or ammunition manufactured to military specifications.

Glock does add they don't "recommend" the use of unjacketed lead ammo. They don't say you can't.:twocents:

I didn't say that I can't, but don't sit there and tell me you never have trouble field stripping your Glock with the standard take-down. I can say that I NEVER have issues with my Sig.

I'm still trying to find where Sig dissuades owners from using unjacketed ammo. I could be totally wrong, but Glock is the only manufacturer I've seen mentioned that causes people so shoot only jacketed ammo. Now, I know plenty of guys who shoot unjacketed lead rounds through their Glocks with no issue. I'm just noting that Sig doesn't publish the same precautionary measures with their handguns.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Plus with Glock you don't have the awesomeness that is The Viking!!

PhotoMar0182107PM.png

PhotoMar0182221PM.png

Last edited:

indianafly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    My vote would be sig. The only down side to it for me is weight. I've always liked single action more. The fact that it's a double action on first pull means you don't have to carry it hammer back like the 1911(nothing wrong with it.)

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I didn't say that I can't, but don't sit there and tell me you never have trouble field stripping your Glock with the standard take-down. I can say that I NEVER have issues with my Sig.

I'm still trying to find where Sig dissuades owners from using unjacketed ammo. I could be totally wrong, but Glock is the only manufacturer I've seen mentioned that causes people so shoot only jacketed ammo. Now, I know plenty of guys who shoot unjacketed lead rounds through their Glocks with no issue. I'm just noting that Sig doesn't publish the same precautionary measures with their handguns.

Extended take down tabs are only a few bucks at Bradis, Que :D

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The Sig p226 needs nothing but a nice holster and some ammo.

AND---

1. A lot fatter wallet.

2. More time/patience to FIND holsters-magazines-accessories.

3. More padding on your body to cushion all the levers/extra stuff on the Sigs.

4. The proper mindset to operate all of these extra/unnecessary switches+levers.

But, yes, as you say the Sigs are good to go..Bill.

His most hilarious opinion was to change the plastic guide rod ahahahaha. Its easily one of the most reliable parts of a glock.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I havent shot the g17 (have fired a g18 that was pretty nice) but have a 19 and a 226. Shooting and feel I prefer the 226. I am with some of the others on here, nothing feels as nice in your hand as a 226!

Top Bottom