• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Anything that gets in the trigger guard and activates the trigger can cause the gun to go off. And yes mechanical safeties can and do fail so take your damn time and be careful when you reholster!

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Any item you are using as a cover garment should have those drawstrings removed ahead of time. I'm constantly coming after students with my spyderco during the cooler months.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Thumb riding the safety on a SA gun 100% prevents this

Right up until you go to draw again, swipe the safety off and the tension from the elastic cord puts a round through your leg. Just cut the things off and avoid the problem.

Thumb on the hammer on a DA gun 100% prevents this

Right up until you don't notice, go to take off your jacket and the pull cord puts a round through your leg. Just cut the things off and avoid the problem.

Don't rely on devices for safety, rely on your brain.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Right up until you go to draw again, swipe the safety off and the tension from the elastic cord puts a round through your leg. Just cut the things off and avoid the problem.

Right up until you don't notice, go to take off your jacket and the pull cord puts a round through your leg. Just cut the things off and avoid the problem.

Don't rely on devices for safety, rely on your brain.

I completely agree w eliminating things that can snag the trigger, but who takes the safety off w the gun in the holster? And on a DA gun if something is where it can pull the trigger when you holster, you won't be able to push hard enough to holster if you are pressing on the hammer. It's good to keep the holster clear, but you gotta be smart about how you holster, too.

-rvb

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I completely agree w eliminating things that can snag the trigger, but who takes the safety off w the gun in the holster? And on a DA gun if something is where it can pull the trigger when you holster, you won't be able to push hard enough to holster if you are pressing on the hammer. It's good to keep the holster clear, but you gotta be smart about how you holster, too.

-rvb

If it gets into the trigger guard when you holster, it will be there when you unholster. You will not notice the elastic strap until it is too late.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Every time I buy a vest or a sweat shirt, hoodie, I have to make sure the draw string will not get in the way of my gun or I cut it off

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Thanks for throwing 1911's higher in my WTB list (again) Jet_Girl. I may be done having kids, but I don't want a reholstering incident to be the seal of the deal in that part of my life.

EDIT: Or an M&P Shield would be nice again - I did good with that safety! =D. Either way, I'm glad I got rid of my non-safety handguns, which is/was all of them :dunno:

Top Bottom