• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Alright just picked up a German made Sig P229 Gen 1 short extractor w/ a 357 sig barrel. I plan on holding onto this for awhile and heavily modifying it for aesthetics and function. I'm planning on cerkote, swapping the hardware for the gold aftermarket hardware, short reset trigger, and porting the barrel and slide, mother of pearl grips, and new sights. Does anyone have any other ideas of modifications that could be made for better performance or aesthetics?

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Also money is not an issue. I plan on making this a long term project. If anyone has anything they think would be cool to see or would like to know how a modification will affect the normal function drop a note and I might go with it and write a review on the modification

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    To each his own, but that sounds uglier than sin. But it sounds like everything you want to do is personal preference. So...just do what you think will look good. As far as function, the short reset trigger is nice. Maybe get some fiber optic/tritium sights.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Alright just picked up a German made Sig P229 Gen 1 short extractor w/ a 357 sig barrel. I plan on holding onto this for awhile and heavily modifying it for aesthetics and function. I'm planning on cerkote, swapping the hardware for the gold aftermarket hardware, short reset trigger, and porting the barrel and slide, mother of pearl grips, and new sights. Does anyone have any other ideas of modifications that could be made for better performance or aesthetics?

just one, make sure you dress the part when you carry it. cause pimpin aint easy and "B!7CH BETTER HAVE YO MONEY!"

View attachment 46373
    View attachment 46374
    View attachment 46375

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Not really sure I didn't research it. It's the hardware off the heritage p229. A friend said the gold wasn't doing it for him and they were interchangeable, so we swapped.

Top Bottom