• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would pass. You can find a nice used 229 for a little more money. Look at it this way, you can get it for $350 and spend another $200 getting it refinished and adding sites. That gets you to $550! If you just want a beaten up truck gun, offer $300 at the most. There are too many deals out there right now to find yourself $100 away from a really great looking and functioning gun.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Sigs are not cheap to begin with. CPOs are $550. I'd pay up to $400-450 for it if it functions well. $350 and under is a bit optimistic for a P229.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I agree with Que. Unless you can get it for a great deal then I would pass.

You're also going to have to pay for the shipping of the gun as well as the $140 from Sig. Then you factor in the slide refinishing...even if you do it yourself and you're looking at $550-$650 total investment....

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    $300 for that 229 is a deal. who cares if it isn't the prettiest gun in the show as long as it functions correctly. i love my 229. replace the grips & maybe replace the night sights, but if it shoots good, leave it alone and have fun with it

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    i meant i would put the factory grips back on it. don't really care for the hogue grips on the sigs. love 'em on my 1911 though

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would pass on the 229. Like a previous post stated, it's kind of "blocky."
    I have smaller hands, and would be better served with a single stack configuration.

The standard DA/SA DA trigger is an abomination. I carry a 229, have done so for several years. We obtained ours along with Porter Co SD when they first came out in the .357 Sig flavor. That round is a rip off, no more than a 9mm on steroids.

My first 229 had to go back to the Sig factory after fail to fire issues, and allegedly, the problem (whatever it was) was unseen by the Sig factory, hence its trip back home.

Our "new" 229s have the rail, and also for those who wished the DAK option. I have a DAK, and it is junk. I think that Sig is for those who have too much money and nothing better to do with it. For the price of these weapons, I would not put up with the sheet metal junk parts and rolled pins that Sig uses in their weapons.

However with the above said, if you are set to buy a Sig, by all means do so. It's your money, and you take your choice. Good luck.

Top Bottom