• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I picked up a Sig P238 HD yesterday from a great INGO member...this is my first Sig..... In reading the google searches, it seems like a love hate thing.

What is everyones experience with this pistol? It date of mfg is 10/2010

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got two of the P238s and they are great as a pocket pistol or backup. I've fired hundreds of rounds through them without any feed or function issues. They are well made and very reliable. I have a D.M. Bullard leather wallet hostler for mine and I can carry in my hip or front pocket. I don't carry these as my primary carry due to the limitations of the .380, but they are great backup pistols.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Two things:

Make sure that you have the latest magazine follower. It is the rounded one... Not the more angular dog-legged follower.

Make sure that you have the new "flat" recoil spring. The original is the rounded spring type and does not hold it shape or tension very long.

Both of these items can be obtained through Sig CS for free. Call them and you will have the replacements in less than a week.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Two things:

Make sure that you have the latest magazine follower. It is the rounded one... Not the more angular dog-legged follower.

Make sure that you have the new "flat" recoil spring. The original is the rounded spring type and does not hold it shape or tension very long.

Both of these items can be obtained through Sig CS for free. Call them and you will have the replacements in less than a week.

Thanks for the info, I will check mine out, & maybe I will need to order new parts. No problems with mine getting all dusty in my leather pocket holster. Shoots great.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Just called Sig's-CC, they said the new recoil spring came out in October 2010*** which was when mine was mfr'd, mine had the old spring, a new spring is on the way.

My mag is good to go.:yesway:

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    The P238 is a GEM. I actually sold mine 5 days ago for the purpose of purchasing the HD version that you purchased (probably from the same person here on INGO). I backed out of the deal simply due to the weight of the HD verses the regular (and extra 6oz which may not seem like much but for pocket carry, it's a lot). Another reason for not going with the HD was due to some slide peening concerns that I had with the HD model, however I called Sig and based upon the date that one was manufactured it should be fine.

Long story short, after I sold mine, I purchased a new one from Bradis 5 days later.. Needless to say I love this pistol and I'm sure you'll love yours as well.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Havent shot one , but I can tell you , We sell 5 or 6 of them a week ,
    ALOT of Police officers have been buying them to carry off duty ,
    Everyone I have talked to Loves the littile things , I catch a used one at the right price I will pick it up ..:ingo:

MikePapa1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    North of Nashville, Tennessee
    I love mine. I've had two, both worked flawlessly but I sold one simply because I didn't need two and I wanted a P6. The one I have has about 400 rounds through it without a hiccup. I can recommend them without hesitation.

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    I have not owned the P238, but have shot several. They're pretty spot on. Sig just took the Colt Mustang and improved on it.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I had a 238 Equinox. Still used the first gen mags. It was a great gun! Accurate, reliable, easy to carry. And I sold it...:dunno: It was a bone head move.

4335196217_94a01d8e2c.jpg

I just picked up, Wednesday (4/13), A Sig 238 HD. Manufactured in 3/11, it has the flat wire recoil spring and 3rd gen mag.

I can't wait to fire it! It has filled the hole left by the equinox.

This gun (the 238 in general) is super easy to conceal and super easy to shoot.

Maybe I can get some pics up this weekend.

Also, I ordered some "Gatorback" G10 grips in "Tigerstripe" from VZ Grips this week...
    Gatorbacks
    Should be here next week sometime...

I had a set of black G10 grips on the equinox...They made a big difference in grip!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    The only problem I have is that they're a LITTLE big for pocket carry for me. That said, a good holster conceals them quite well IWB.

I am coming to grips with pistol size, for me*** pocket carry = Ruger LCP & Kahr P380, Pretty concealable = Sig P238, concealable = Kahr PM9, anything larger for personally is just not concealable

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    My daughter looked at a bunch of .380s at the Tipton gun show.

The thing that made the P238 the frontrunner was the slide was super easy to pull back. I was even shocked by that.

Of course, she picked out the Diamond Plate version...

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had my Sig P238 for over a year now and still love the thing. It's the one gun that can go just about anywhere with me. It has proven to be some of the best gun money I've spent.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I was just out at Applied Ballistics tonight shooting my P238. I love that little gun ... surprisingly accurate for its size. I have never had a malfunction and I've put about a 1000 rounds through mine.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Extremely accurate,, very fun to shoot, zero FTE, zero FTF.... I could put 5 out of 6 rounds in a 1-1/4" box on a shoot and see target at 25-feet

Remington UMC .380, 100 rounds & 30 Hollow Point rounds

Got the 7 + 1 magazine as well

Sig7round.jpg

Top Bottom