• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone know the story on these? SIG has them in their current product catalog on line, but everywhere I go it says "not in stock" or "no longer available". Will SIG be coming out with more P238's with various themes?

From what I gather, it appears that newer production P238"s have the bugs worked out. Opinions?

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Can't speak to the Gambler but I picked up a P238 SAS about a month ago, took it apart make sure it was a little wet in all the right places and have run 200 rounds through it with zero problems. I really love the little gun.

I need to take it to the range when I'm alone (and not socializing with buddies) and give it another box of the ammo I plan to carry before it becomes official summer-carry gun.

Sig still talks about that model on their hold-music when you call customer service.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I also have a Sig P238 SAS and had it out to the range this weekend. This is my pocket pistol and at times, can get quite covered in pocket lint. I was wondering if that would impact operation, so I carried it for a couple of days, but skipped the nightly cleaning. By the time I got to the range, the firing pin/hammer area was quite full of lint and you could not see the firing pin under it all. I fired in that condition and ran through all 3 mags of carry ammo without a single issue. After the first round, all traces of lint were gone and it performed beautifully. It still gets cleaned each night, but I don't sweat a bit of pocket lint anymore.

As a side note, it's a good idea to take your carry pistol and run it in as carried condition once in a while to see how it works in as carried condition and also to freshen the ammo carried.

Love the Sig P238 though. It's the smallest gun I have and is still fun to shoot.

Top Bottom