• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    Well it has been a while since I have bought a new firearm and am currently in the market for a new concealed carry handgun. I have been looking at the Sig p239 in 9mm. I own a p226 tac ops in 9mm and absolutely love the sigs controls. Any suggestions or advice from those who have owned or shot a p239 would be much appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My 239 was accurate, reliable, dream of a trigger. Kind of muzzle snappy, though. Like all Sigs, the bore axis is kind of high. Concealed very easily, but kind of heavy. It was a good gun but, to be honest, I like the Kahr single stack 9s better.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Give you an idea what I think about the Sig P239? Bought one for my daughter to carry as a birthday gift a few years ago. A great, reliable, and accurate firearm.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    The P239 is a sweet, sweet, platform. I've shot it in .40 a bit and think that's a little too snappy.

9mm would be my first choice in a P239. You can feed it +Ps all day.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I have a P239 in .40 S&W and put less than 100 rounds through it. While it operates flawlessly and feels great, I find it too heavy for my liking and it just sits in the safe. I'm guessing this will be the next on my "time to make space in the safe" list.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    That is a good point Lawson makes.

The P239 does get knocked for it's size and the amount of rounds it carries.

It's not a small-light weight gun by today's standards.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I have been thinking about this pistol and have recently come to the conclusion that if I want to carry something like that i could almost go for a 229 and carry more rounds too. I still might end up with a 239 because I honestly still like them, but for the size and weight i could hide a double stack and have 15 rounds.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have one and carry it everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I honestly can't tell much difference in recoil between it (9mm) and my P226 in 9mm. It is almost the same size as the 229, but the whole thing is a bit sleeker and smoother for carry.

My only complaint is the front strap of the frame is kind of square and doesn't feel that great. This can be remedied by getting some Hogue grips that provide nice soft finger grooves. The downside to that is it makes it a tad more bulky and the rubber tends to stick to clothing. I recently removed mine for carry duty because my shirt was always sticking to the back of the grip. The recoil is a bit more noticeable without them, but still not bad. If I were going to be putting a lot of rounds through it (for a class or something) I would probably put the Hogues back on for comfort.

I doubt you would regret either the 239 or the 229.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    My 239 was accurate, reliable, dream of a trigger. Kind of muzzle snappy, though. Like all Sigs, the bore axis is kind of high. Concealed very easily, but kind of heavy.

My thoughts exactly. I carry my P239 in the summer under a t-shirt fairly easily. It my not be the smallest 9mm on the market but it can out shoot most others.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry a P239 in 40 cal. everyday in a Galco holster and love it. It shoots well and conceals easily. I prefer it over the 229 as I have smaller hands and like a single stack magazine.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I shot one in 9mm a few months back. It was accurate

Thats about all I have to offer. Just shot on mag through it

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It is a great gun, but unless you'd feel unsafe with a .380, I'd maybe recommend the 230,232, or maybe a 238. Little smaller yet, and very concealable. ORRRRRRRRR,,, you could wait for the new 290. 9 mm in a size comparable to the above listed weapons. It sounds pretty interesting. May not be just the thing for a long day at the range,... but for concealability and firepower in one package, it might be the ticket.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i bought my 239 about 15 years ago, the first thing i got was a set of hogue grips it stayed like that till 6 months ago when i put a set of meprolight night sights on top, i love that gun! i carry it in either a bladetech paddle holster or a uncle mikes iwb, u cant go wrong with a sig, i just wish they weren't so damn expensive i see a few used at gunshows for about 700.00, mine was 450.00 15 years ago

if i could afford a 226/229 i would own one of those too!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    It would make a fine addition to your Sig collection. Bought one for my wife years ago in 9mm w nite sites. Put the Hogue finger grove grips on it. It feels like it was made to fit your had. I'm biased because I like seeing women shooting Sigs at the range. Keep your eyes open. You can find them in the 4-500 range used.

From an admitted Sigaholic...

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    My 239 is the gun I feel most comfortable with. I have shot 1000's of rounds thru it. I have lighter, smaller guns that carry easier but the 239 is the gun I want to have with me if I have to defend my life. I have the confidence in its reliability, accuracy and function.

Top Bottom