• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I'm no gunsmith and haven't done more than some basic polishing on any of the parts of pistols I've owned so I thought I'd reach out for some advice. I recently picked up a Sig P250 Compact in 9mm from a buddy and the trigger rattles like a pebble in a tin can. It's audibly noticeable even when I'm just walking down a flight of stairs. I understand this gun was made with a little play in the trigger pull and I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about side-to-side rattle.

I've stripped and cleaned the gun and can't seem to find a viable solution. I'll try and get some picks of the internals and where the gap / rattle is coming from. Any tips or suggestions?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    devcon steel on the frame? shims.... maybe just a bit of tweaking on the trigger spring.

kind of one of those things you have to see... and this has the potential to NOT be a quick easy fix.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not familiar with its particular design....but my first thought would be that the rivet/pin which the trigger pivots on is somehow loose......or the plastic trigger has worn around where the pin goes through it...in which case you would need a new trigger....but if it's the pin it can be pressed and tightened

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    The bottom thid of the imagine on just right of the middle where the trigger rotates in the housing is where the rattle is. It's as if the housing is too wide or that the thrigger (one piece of metal including the side bars that rotate in the housing) needs a spacer (plastic washer? I'm a knife guy and I'm thinking something like the greased spacers in automatic knives) or a shim of some sort.

picture.php

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    back the pic off a hair and retake it at the same angle as the close up.......also use your fingers to apply pressure to the trigger showing where it distorts/where the slack is.......without that it will be hard to give a good recommendation....I'd look at it if you were nearby

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    On a side note, how's the trigger pull on a P250? I was looking at one in .45 but I can't decide if I really want to own a DAO .45

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    On a side note, how's the trigger pull on a P250? I was looking at one in .45 but I can't decide if I really want to own a DAO .45

It has a longer reset than a lot of other guns due to the double-action-only trigger. If you bring the gun up and squeeze the trigger straight through like you're supposed to, it is a great, smooth, and light trigger. If you squeeze the trigger slowly trying to "stage" it, it will seem incredibly long and heavy and you will hate it.
    Think about how you'll squeeze the trigger if you ever need to use the gun and you'll agree that a smooth pull all the way through is the proper trigger pull. If you ever shot revolvers, that was they way they were supposed to be shot in double-action too.
    I think it's a great gun for the money. If money were no object, I'd still go with a Classic Series Sig such as the P220 or P226.

Top Bottom