• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbmenefee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I'm more of a Glock guy, but only because I've never had any experience with Sigs. However, I've heard great things and their reputation speaks for itself. I'm contemplating buying my first Sig, but don't have the budget for a 226,7,or 9. I know people who love the SP2022 and say it functions perfectly even at a lower price and with a polymer frame. On the other hand the new modual P320 is getting rave reviews on an interchangable, polymer frame with with a striker fired system. Looking for recommendations from those who have owned and/or shot both. Also, would you recommend maybe going with .40S&W or .357 Sig instead of 9?? I carry a Glock 22 now and just think I'd like to try out a 9mm. Thanks in advance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have the P320 Carry in 9mm. I kept reading what an outstanding trigger it has (it does). It is my first polymer Sig, so I like how much lighter it is. I like being able to take it down just like my other Sigs. I like not having to pull the trigger to dismantle it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There's metal sigs on gunbroker cheaper than a new polymer version, if you actually want a classic P-series Sig but don't want to pay for it. There's plenty of police trade in P226s that go for $400-$500, and there's a bunch of refurb surplus P228s right now for $400.

SIG P226 .40 S&W CPO Exc Condition 40 Unfired : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $500
    Sig Sauer P226 9mm : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $500
    SIG SAUER/SIG/P226/9MM PISTOL -GERMANY- : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $477

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    There's metal sigs on gunbroker cheaper than a new polymer version, if you actually want a classic P-series Sig but don't want to pay for it. There's plenty of police trade in P226s that go for $400-$500, and there's a bunch of refurb surplus P228s right now for $400.

SIG P226 .40 S&W CPO Exc Condition 40 Unfired : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $500
    Sig Sauer P226 9mm : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $500
    SIG SAUER/SIG/P226/9MM PISTOL -GERMANY- : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com sold for $477

I like how the last 226 says Germany in the title:ugh: There is nothing German about that gun as both the frame and slide are US made.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm more of a Glock guy, but only because I've never had any experience with Sigs. However, I've heard great things and their reputation speaks for itself. I'm contemplating buying my first Sig, but don't have the budget for a 226,7,or 9. I know people who love the SP2022 and say it functions perfectly even at a lower price and with a polymer frame. On the other hand the new modual P320 is getting rave reviews on an interchangable, polymer frame with with a striker fired system. Looking for recommendations from those who have owned and/or shot both. Also, would you recommend maybe going with .40S&W or .357 Sig instead of 9?? I carry a Glock 22 now and just think I'd like to try out a 9mm. Thanks in advance.

i'd look at the 320, its a striker fired gun just like your glock, if you want something different like a d/sa look at the 2022(rural king has them on sale sometimes for about 400.00, but look around, every now and then you can get metal frames for a good price, but you have to be patient, and be careful sigs are habbit forming, like crack or heroin!(i have 4 and am always looking for #5, ive run into a few offers on here wanting to trade for a glock19, and i think id like sig 320 or another 220 more than i like my glock)

I like how the last 226 says Germany in the title:ugh: There is nothing German about that gun as both the frame and slide are US made.

always look for "made in germany" on the frame, or look for the greman date codes! uu is not a date code for one made overseas! buyer beware!

Top Bottom