• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    I've carried it for almost 2 years every time I leave the house.
    Love it and can't say enough good things about it:
    - slim,
    - easy to carry (I only carry IWB at 3-5 o'clock, right-handed),
    - no problem with carrying in the car for up to 3.5 hours at a time (haven't had to drive longer), in the summer, in winter, pocket carry (!), etc.,
    - easy to point,
    - has fantastic sights both in bright light and in low/no light,
    - extremely accurate with any ammo (my only criterion when choosing training ammo is the price).

Notes:
    - I do find 12 round magazines to be a lot easier to handle, and I practically stopped using 10 rounders;
    - All magazines require break-in: just keep them loaded all the time, load/unload frequently, and they'll transform from "wtf is this" to "stiff but doable" after about 1-3 weeks or so;
    - I've been using Remora holsters and I think they are the way to go for IWB carry (but that's a subject for a separate post/thread/article I never wrote, lol).

Here's my typical group @ 10 yards (standing, offhand, two-hand grip, slow fire).

1645650990105.png

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Bought mine in 2018 through the LE program. I love it. I carry it in a CompTec Infidel IWB holster. Have never had a problem with it. By far the best 9mm I own.
    That said I have drifted to the Ruger LCP Max the last few months. Not a 9 but small and accurate.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I've owned the P365, P365XL, and P365XL MS. I currently own none of the above. The P365 is a GREAT gun if you want the absolute smallest medium capacity 9mm you can get, and are willing to give up shootability (specifically control of the pistol when shooting at speed) without a LOT of training. The P365XL is a great compromise gun - better capacity, better shootability, easier to reload under stress, but it's quite a bit larger (definitely not a pocket gun).

I recently went back to the future, dumped all my micro 9s, and am carrying my G26. Yup, it's a chunky monkey compared to the P365, but it's a dream to shoot, comparatively, and I mostly carry in low-profile OWB holsters anyway, so the width isn't that big a deal.

If I HAD to carry IWB or AIWB for whatever reason, I'd probably go back to the Shield Plus, which I find much easier to shoot (less perceived recoil, better trigger, better accuracy) than the P365 or XL.

YMMV, of course, but that's where I ended up after several years or full guntardism in the micro-9mm world.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    I have a standard P365 that is my EDC, and I’ve had it for 2 years. It is fantastic as a carry gun, but like idkfa I also find that it is very accurate for me as a range gun- especially with the 12 round mags. I had a full size P320 X5 Legion for awhile, and it was certainly a tack driver. But I could shoot groups almost as tight from the P365 at 10 yards or less. It‘s that good (for me, anyway).

My dad has an XL model, and although the flat trigger for those is supposed to be an improvement over the vanilla P365, I did not find that to be the case at all. Just my two cents.

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I picked up the P365 for wife. It fits her hands. But she wasn't shooting it very accurate. POA is different than her Glock 43 & recoil was noticably more than what she's used to. I shot it & I it had way more buck or snap to it than I thought it would. I shoot CZ's. The wife went back to carrying Glock & Ruger LCP, the 365 is now a range gun. Sorry Sig fans. I like the quality/mag capacity but just not for me or the wifey.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    Had one for a week. test carried it and it was great. Shooting was great too. Two problems I had was: 1) the reload, for the life of me I couldn't clear the fat part of my hand to let the mag drop free. "solved" with a strip technique. 2) the safety fell out of my gun. I swear I had the worst luck with guns. I agree that the grip isn't for everyone. Sig has a weird last/form with the p320s and p365s that supposed to fit most people which doesn't fit mine very well.

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    I own the P365 with 12 round mags. I carry it every day and have zero issues.
    I carry appendix in a sticky holster.
    I did add a hogue grip as I have large hands and the 12 round mags enable me to get a full grip.

PSA had a deal on the P365 recently with the Tac-Pac. Included 3-12 round mags, hard case and IWB/OWB holster for $549.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I've carried it for almost 2 years every time I leave the house.
    Love it and can't say enough good things about it:
    - slim,
    - easy to carry (I only carry IWB at 3-5 o'clock, right-handed),
    - no problem with carrying in the car for up to 3.5 hours at a time (haven't had to drive longer), in the summer, in winter, pocket carry (!), etc.,
    - easy to point,
    - has fantastic sights both in bright light and in low/no light,
    - extremely accurate with any ammo (my only criterion when choosing training ammo is the price).

Notes:
    - I do find 12 round magazines to be a lot easier to handle, and I practically stopped using 10 rounders;
    - All magazines require break-in: just keep them loaded all the time, load/unload frequently, and they'll transform from "wtf is this" to "stiff but doable" after about 1-3 weeks or so;
    - I've been using Remora holsters and I think they are the way to go for IWB carry (but that's a subject for a separate post/thread/article I never wrote, lol).

Here's my typical group @ 10 yards (standing, offhand, two-hand grip, slow fire).

View attachment 183613
    +1 +1 on the "All magazines require break-in".

When I first got the 365, I could not get the last round into the mags without a loader. Clean the gunk out of the insides, load'em and leave'em for a couple weeks, no more problems.

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    +1 +1 on the "All magazines require break-in".

When I first got the 365, I could not get the last round into the mags without a loader. Clean the gunk out of the insides, load'em and leave'em for a couple weeks, no more problems.
    Agree 100%. I about broke a thumb trying to get that last round inserted.
    Load up the mags, and let them sit for a few weeks.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Best 550 i ever spent.
    Reg P365

Flawless. Shoot it like a J frame.
    Ran some plates w it pretty fast, buds couldnt believe it.

Whatever it is, grip size and angle....it flat out is magical for me.

Got a sticky holster for it, worked but meh. Like my little Fobus paddle holster. But after covid the Sticky proly more comfy ( lost some weight LoL )

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I started carrying a P365 IWB a couple years ago, and still do. I alternate between the 10 or 12 rd mag depending on the day. 10 if it's going in a coat pocket or I want that slightly less print; 12 is the norm. With the 12, the grip is perfect in my hands.

I was really surprised how well I shot it at the range, and liked the feel, so I bought a P365XL and put a 507K on it. Only reason I don't carry the XL often is that I'm still 'not quite there' with the red dot on follow up shots. It's going to take some training, but my old eyes want me to do it. I'm considering a 365 grip module for the XL, then both will use mags identically. I also quickly put the flat trigger upgrade on the 365.

The Ugly: When new, I had some reliability issues with both of them. Some rounds not going into battery (slight thumb tap on the back of the slide got them home). Some light primer strikes. I wanted to love them, but I was reluctant to trust them with my life. A couple hundred rounds and a detail clean, and the feed issue went completely away. The light primer strikes were my fault. I lubed inside the striker channel, and the manual clearly states, boldly, not to do this. Now I just keep it clean, and never have a problem. I don't count, but probably over 1.5K rds of a variety of ammo between them, and I feel confident with them now.

I started carrying a Browning Hi Power IWB over 30 years ago. It's heavy, and carried Condition 1, and certainly wouldn't fit in a pocket, but I never found anything that felt good switching to. The 365/XL feels right, points the same for me, and is narrow and svelt like the BHP. Just the weight difference alone makes me happy with the 365's.

Holster - The first day, I picked up a cheap DeSantis Pegasis holster for $20 just to get going (on the shelf at the LGS). It works well enough that I'm still using it. I couldn't find one (or anything in stock) for the XL. So, I got another DeSantis for a P365, then used a heat gun to open up the muzzle end. It's been working great (yep, I'm cheap!). Planning to get one more, and remove the belt clip for pocket carry. It has just a little flair in the perfect spot to press with my right thumb, and it POPs right off.

The P365/XL is the first handgun to pry me away from the BHP. The feel and accuracy are there, and the size and weight are not.

Whatever you decide to go with, I hope your happy with it!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Well I got to take a look at a few compact 9’s and with the intention of picking up the sig, I ended up buying the hellcat. Between the sig, hellcat, and shield 2.0, the sig was my least favorite in the hand but I still liked it so well that it took me a long time to make a decision. In the end I felt a little better about the hellcats grip and really liked the sight.

I have put 200 rounds through it and shoot it very well. Anxious to get my holster and practice but I think it’s going to make a really nice small conceal.

Top Bottom