• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm looking for an outside the waistband (OWB) holster for my P365.

Requirements:
    - Kydex (or similar material) preferably, open to leather suggestions though
    - Full sweatshield (I want the slide completely covered where it contacts the side of your body)
    - 10-15 degree cant or adjustable cant ( I carry at 3:00 - 3:30 position)
    - I'd like something that is in stock and ready to ship or with a minimal production time ( 2 weeks or less maybe? ).
    - The price range I'm comfortable with is up to $50.

I do not want a hybrid holster (leather backing w/kydex shell).
    I do not want a retention strap.
    If it's "universal" and fits 87 different guns in 40 different positions on your body, I probably won't want it.

I hate holster shopping, I'm picky and I feel like Bing/Google searches just suck anymore for certain things. So I'm asking for Ingo's help.

Thanks in advance.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    JM Custom Kydex

Thank me later. /thread

Truth. I've been loving JM Custom Kydex holsters for years.

Although, I just placed an order from Knightfall Customs because they have a TON of options for pistol/light combinations, and about a 5 day turn-around time (vs 5 weeks with JM). We'll see how I like them. Figured it was worth a try.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Worth the money and wait. And I'm one of those impatient people that refuses to buy something with wait times. Tony's holsters have a wait time for a reason (demand and high quality work).

For kydex OWB concealed, nothing compares to Tony's work.

What's $25 extra and a few weeks to get the best holster that your EDC is going to ride in and you're going to wear for the next 10-20 years?

Appreciate the suggestion. $75 and a 4-6 week lead time. A little more than I'd like to spend and wait.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Holsters are very subjective. There is no best brand. There are so many people in the game now it’s ridiculous. Some are quality. Some are not.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I have several options for the P365 in stock at the store. We have Muddy River Tactical kydex along with Aliengear holsters. Come and take a look or give us a call. Thank you Atkinson Firearms

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Worth the money and wait. And I'm one of those impatient people that refuses to buy something with wait times. Tony's holsters have a wait time for a reason (demand and high quality work).

What's $25 extra and a few weeks to get the best holster that your EDC is going to ride in and you're going to wear for the next 10-20 years?

We're talking T-Dogg here. He's not sticking with an EDC for 10 - 20 years (and not that there aren't a few that do, but many of us may change up in that time).

That said, I do see he has some quick ship items, but didn't see anything in quick ship for the 365 quite yet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just ordered one of these for a Walther PPS M2. A friend has a couple of them and recommended it to me. The order form checks all the boxes you listed except its $55.

https://blackdogconcealment.com/product/guarddog-owb-holsters/

Mike
    I missed something I should have mentioned in my original post, adjustable retention. So this one is out.
    Truth. I've been loving JM Custom Kydex holsters for years.

Although, I just placed an order from Knightfall Customs because they have a TON of options for pistol/light combinations, and about a 5 day turn-around time (vs 5 weeks with JM). We'll see how I like them. Figured it was worth a try.
    I looked at Knightfall Customs. The full sweatshield puts me at $65. I'm concerned that they state the holster has an offset press and doesn't press against the body, which makes me think it won't conceal as well.

The longest I've owned any handgun that I own currently is right at 1 year, just to put things into perspective. I'm not saying I couldn't own something for a long time, just saying my track record shows otherwise.
    Holsters are very subjective. There is no best brand. There are so many people in the game now it’s ridiculous. Some are quality. Some are not.
    Agreed. I once had a company make a custom kydex one for me at the Indy 1500 and it sucked, bad. I've seen that company change names several times since then and they still sell the same crap product on Amazon and Ebay to this day.
    I have several options for the P365 in stock at the store. We have Muddy River Tactical kydex along with Aliengear holsters. Come and take a look or give us a call. Thank you Atkinson Firearms
    I looked at the Muddy River site and I'm only seeing leather that has a full sweatshield, which looks to me like the retention wouldn't be all that great. I'd probably have to see one in person, but my instinct says no and you're a few hours away from me. Aliengear is not something I'm interested in. Their OWB holsters are either hybrid or paddle and quite honestly, all their products look really "gimmicky" to me. I don't think those would conceal well, they look bulky.
    We're talking T-Dogg here. He's not sticking with an EDC for 10 - 20 years (and not that there aren't a few that do, but many of us may change up in that time).

That said, I do see he has some quick ship items, but didn't see anything in quick ship for the 365 quite yet.
    Yup, WebSnyper gets it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I told you guys I was picky. ;) I've owned some really bad holsters over the years, so I do have some experience.

Here is an example of what I'm currently using for my Glock and I really like it:
    https://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-19/

I have several Raven Concealment products and really like what they offer. But alas, no P365 option.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I missed something I should have mentioned in my original post, adjustable retention. So this one is out.

Thought the same before I ordered it but landed on the fact that its Kydex. Adjustable retention is built in. Heat with heat gun, insert pistol, press with shammee to reform. Retention adjusted.

If I end up really keeping a pistol it ends up in a leather holster long term.

Mike

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wants a high quality holster and is picky.....Doesn't want to pay over $50.....Doesn't want to wait.....

Quality, price, lead time. Pick 1 or 2 :):

Other than JM Custom, I have heard good things about:
    Bravo Concealment
    Black Rhino
    Vedder

Just a few more for you to check out. JM Custom type 2 OWB is the bees knees, though.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Oh I get it. I look like just another cheap ass who doesn't know anything and has unrealistic expectations

Here's my view point. Raven Concealment is a quality manufacture with innovative products. I've bought several Morrigans ($50) and now a Perun ($40) from them. They're quality holsters, no lead time and are within my budget. The problem is, they don't have anything for the P365 yet. And yes I have contacted them as well. Not trying to be a dick, just giving my opinion based on my experiences. I try hard to find good value in any product. Holsters are difficult because most of them I can't see or touch in person and have no clue how they will fit for me. So it's all rolling the dice and basing purchases from others experiences and reviews.

I will give those others you mentioned a look. I appreciate the continued suggestions and input.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I hear you man. It's a good chunk of change to spend without being able to actually try out the holster. Keep in mind, the better holster manufacturers (even the ones making custom holsters) understand that and offer a refund in the first couple of weeks if you end up not liking it.

You already have good holsters and have felt the difference. IMHO, you're going to be disappointed if you get any of the lesser quality holsters because you've already felt the difference with Raven. The lesser quality ones just don't ride correctly. Cost should be irrelevant in holsters honestly. Some of the most expensive kydex holsters are $75. Low end ones are $30. And then there's some (like Raven) that are awesome and $50. The price differences are so low and the difference in how it wears and feels is so large that the money difference between holsters is probably the best money you'll spend on firearms.

And keep in mind how insignificant a $25 difference is in the span of things. I try to keep in mind the total cost of the gun, holster, sights, trigger work, etc... When the whole package is pretty expensive, spending the extra $25 to have it actually wear correctly is worth it. I've been down that road and ended up wasting more money by buying a cheap holster to "save."

However.....your propensity for not keeping your EDC very long throws a wrench into everything :laugh:

Anyway, just my ramblings. Good luck in the search.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I hear you man. It's a good chunk of change to spend without being able to actually try out the holster. Keep in mind, the better holster manufacturers (even the ones making custom holsters) understand that and offer a refund in the first couple of weeks if you end up not liking it.

You already have good holsters and have felt the difference. IMHO, you're going to be disappointed if you get any of the lesser quality holsters because you've already felt the difference with Raven. The lesser quality ones just don't ride correctly. Cost should be irrelevant in holsters honestly. Some of the most expensive kydex holsters are $75. Low end ones are $30. And then there's some (like Raven) that are awesome and $50. The price differences are so low and the difference in how it wears and feels is so large that the money difference between holsters is probably the best money you'll spend on firearms.

And keep in mind how insignificant a $25 difference is in the span of things. I try to keep in mind the total cost of the gun, holster, sights, trigger work, etc... When the whole package is pretty expensive, spending the extra $25 to have it actually wear correctly is worth it. I've been down that road and ended up wasting more money by buying a cheap holster to "save."

However.....your propensity for not keeping your EDC very long throws a wrench into everything :laugh:

Anyway, just my ramblings. Good luck in the search.
    I think we're on the same page here. This may very well be a case of me needing to realize that expanding the budget is necessary to get what I need instead of compromising because of cost. Thanks again.

Top Bottom