SIG P6? Anyone ever own one? Should I go for it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    yes and yes....

i had one and sold it to fund a p220. i miss it now.
    nice gun. nice grip size due to the single stack mag.

the only suggestion i would make would be to get a new mainspring. they have a somewhat heavty trigger pull. you can get a new one from wolf springs. checkout sigforum for specifics on what size spring to go with. i think i got a 19lb spring for mine. made a big difference. and i was able to change it with simple tools.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I traded a $200 .22 lugar for one. I gotta say for how old and worn it appeared, it shot like a dream! Hard to find mags though. I kinda regret trading it for a sig 1911-22... But that's the way the game works.

I say yay depending on price

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    They pop up once in a while. You really can't go wrong with a P6 if you like DA/SA. Its classic Sig goodness. Smooth as butter.

Warning though... If this is your first Sig, they tend to multiply.:):

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Picked it up today. Cleaned it tonight and hoping I can sneak out at lunch and fire it tomorrow. Apparently I am anal retentive? I clean the entire weapon. The barrel was immaculate on the inside but everything else was filthy! It would not pass the old armorers test back in Corps!

Anyway, I'll post up pics tomorrow, and a quick review, if I can get out for a bit and fire it!!!

Thank you for all the responses! :yesway:

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah, now you will be addicted to Sigs. My P6 shoots like a dream. Slide looks kinda hellish, but frame and innards are spotless. Those things got shoved in and out of holsters more than...well, they got put in and taken out of holsters for a long time, rarely shot.

Bad thing is, you will now want a P225, then it will just go downhill from there. Its a Signess....not even more cowbell can cure it!:rockwoot:

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Range Report

Thanks SIG1473!
    Range Report: OMG! This thing is Awesome!! It's smoother and more accurate than my C3 or anything else I've fired in a long time!!!

Even the wife likes it! (Which might be a problem given the round stuck in her Beretta! )

I can see why folks like these so much.

We ran 50 rounds through it at lunch today and were never outside of the 8 ring!!

Dang, I'm probably going to have to find another one now!!:yesway:

Top Bottom