• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I just picked up a P6 for my primary carry/home defense weapon. I already knew of the issues with the feed ramp and hollowpoints. I have found a couple of places that have experience fixing the problem. My only issue with these fixes is that I have to send the firearm out to have it fixed. Does anyone know of a relatively local place to have the issue solved? Any help with this is appreciated.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not yet, but I know that early '80s P6s have gthe issue with feeding hollowpoints. The feedramp angls is too shallow by 2 degrees from what I've read. I will give some other ammo a chance. Any recommendations?

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    Try the Hornady Critical Defense, I've shot a few mags out of my P6 without any hiccups, but I haven't done a lot of extensive testing because it isn't cheap

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    hornady critical defense

I shot 8 rounds of hornady critical defense through...they are polymer tipped if you did not know ...technically not hollow but they expand reliably...i shot a mag of these with no issues....
    Not yet, but I know that early '80s P6s have gthe issue with feeding hollowpoints. The feedramp angls is too shallow by 2 degrees from what I've read. I will give some other ammo a chance. Any recommendations?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You have to realize that the P6 was spec'd to shoot ONLY FMJ Rounds, and was designed and built accordingly to that parameter. That being said I have ran Gold-Dots with success through one, and as stated above I had better luck for the most part with the lighter weight HP Rounds.

If you do not feel comfortable with it as stock. Mail it to me I'll "Mod" the Feed Ramps for you...
    LOL...
    I imagine this is done by swapping to a P225 Barrel...

Maintenance Intervals for ya...
    SIG Sauer’s recommended maintenance and parts replacement schedule (as of March 2008):

Barrel: If the pistol exhibits keyholing or unacceptable accuracy.
    Decocking lever spring: 10,000
    Extractor: 20,000
    Extractor spring: 20,000
    Firing pin: 20,000
    Firing pin spring: 20,000
    Magazine spring: When magazine fails to lock the slide open. *
    Recoil spring: 5,000 †
    Safety lock spring: 20,000
    Slide catch lever spring: 10,000
    Takedown lever: 20,000
    Trigger bar spring: 10,000

Mainspring (hammer spring): 5000 or when misfires due to light hammer strikes occur and other causes have been eliminated. Note that this is my own recommendation; SIG Sauer makes no recommendation about the mainspring in the armorer manual. I was told by a fellow armorer, however, that when he asked about it SIG’s informal guidance was that a mainspring should last 40,000 rounds.

* I also recommend replacing the magazine spring when ammunition is not held securely. This can occur before slide lock failures.

SIG considers the extractor used in P220 stainless steel slides to be a “sacrificial” part, and that it should be replaced after it’s removed from the slide.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    My '82 P6 will feed Golden Sabers, Gold Dots & HST hollow points. It will not feed Winchester Ranger T-Series. I have since rebarreled with a threaded Bar-Sto barrel, but I like Gold Dots, so I haven't gone back to retry the T-Series.

Top Bottom