• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    I have three sig's and have only had one problem and it was last week. Ordered a slide kit and the barrel had a tool break and they missed it. Their shipping me a free barrel no biggy. It happens how many of us take back radios to Wal-Mart or tv's. I'm not gonna bash Sig over one bad part

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Love mine. Have a low serial number MK25 that has under 6k rounds through it so its still pretty new. But should get another 10k-15k this summer with any luck.

I have had one malfunction and that was a squib round; so no problem with the pistol, just some bad luck.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I have owned a P226 for three years. I use it constantly for IDPA and USPSA. Not a single issue with it on 9mm. It's been fantastic. I bought the .22 conversion kit and had nothing but problems. I've tried every type of ammo in it and I cannot get through a single mag without a problem. I've asked the shop I bought it from to take it back or fix it. Waiting on their rep to render a decision.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Take this for what it is...I have two Sigs that I use for training, a Mosquito and a 250 in 9mm and have not had any issues with either. My fellow instructor has a 226 that he's had for almost 20 years and never had any issues with it. However, while I was at the BCSO for the Louis Awerbuck's Tactical Shotgun class last year, there were three Zionsville LEO's with brand new Sigs, I think 229's and I would assume in 40S&W. Two of the three of them had repeated stoppages. Now, this could have been operator-error or ammo but when Louis went over to take a look at them he said something to the effect that Sig needs to clamp down on their quality control. It made me think that he's seen a lot of this recently.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I was exposed to Sigs through my employer. A lot of trigger time (P226 mostly) and I have NEVER had any problems. This of course other than mucking them up and learning how to clear them. I currently own three P226's (all 9mm) and one P229 (40 Cal). All of them are accurate and function as they should. I keep reading about Sig lacking in the QC department but I haven't known anyone personally that has had a bad experience.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I'm not sure about recent but I have owned a sp2022 in 9mm which I loved just got rid bc I wanted something smaller, also owned a 226 and it shot great as well. Never had a FTF of any kind with either one.
    Hope to own another sig one day

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I keep following this thread based on what I am currently experiencing. Bought a Sig 1911 Target last summer. I only have about 300 rounds through it right now. It sometimes jams with the round angled from the magazine, the slide stops short because the round won't go into the barrel. It has only happened about 10 times so far. Lately it has generally been happening after putting in a fresh magazine and relasing the slide. Have only been shooting Winchester White Box so far. Was going to buy something different to run a test. Since it has gotten better I keep thinking it will stop once it gets some more rounds on it. Other than that, the quality of the gun is very good and it shoots very tight groups.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Had a P226 40 cal that has never failed to perform. If I had to depend on one handgun in my collection, it would be the one. I have heard the mosquito had problems, but the larger calibers have a very good reputation.

Top Bottom