• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got my slide back Sunday 8:30 am.
    I was charged $15 shipping (they sent me a label to ship it to them) & charged $30 for services rendered for a total of $45. :spend:
    They said it would cost $90-$100 to replace the entire rear sight.
    Since I was charged $25 I assumed they were able to replace the windage screw b/c the old one was stripped (it happened on a Beretta Neos I had).

I trusted Sig did their due diligence & just put it in the safe. :dunno:
    I've been gone all day & just tried turning the windage screw & was looking forward to it moving right and/or left.
    Nothing has changed. :ugh:
    It is doing the same as it did before I sent it in: not moving the windage adjustment, it doesn't work. :wallbash:
    I am so disappointed. :(
    I don't understand how they could send the slide back with the windage screw not working like I sent it in.
    Bummer. :facepalm:

I sent an email back to the Sig representative I dealt with & told them I thought Sig would make this right.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got my slide back Sunday 8:30 am.
    I was charged $15 shipping (they sent me a label to ship it to them) & charged $30 for services rendered for a total of $45. :spend:
    They said it would cost $90-$100 to replace the entire rear sight.
    Since I was charged $25 I assumed they were able to replace the windage screw b/c the old one was stripped (it happened on a Beretta Neos I had).

I trusted Sig did their due diligence & just put it in the safe. :dunno:
    I've been gone all day & just tried turning the windage screw & was looking forward to it moving right and/or left.
    Nothing has changed. :ugh:
    It is doing the same as it did before I sent it in: not moving the windage adjustment, it doesn't work. :wallbash:
    I am so disappointed. :(
    I don't understand how they could send the slide back with the windage screw not working like I sent it in.
    Bummer. :facepalm:

I sent an email back to the Sig representative I dealt with & told them I thought Sig would make this right.

Was there no description of work done in a return packing slip?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Lindsey at Sig just got back with me when I told her the windage still doesn't work.

Her response:
    On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 08:34:25 AM EDT, Lindsey Knight <lindsey.knight@sigsauer.com> wrote:
    Good morning Gary –
    I checked into the repair order notes and they say that they actually replaced the rear sight.
    We only charged you $45 total, being shipping and labor.
    You were not charged for the sight replacement.
    If you’re still having issues with the windage adjustment, we can set it up to come back in and take a second look at it.
    The charge would be $15 for shipping.
    Let me know if you’d like to set this up.
    Thanks!
    Lindsey Knight

My reply:
    That was wonderful!
    How nice of them: I appreciate it.
    I didn't get a note about what they did like other times I've dealt with a manufacture when getting a gun returned.
    But, alas, the windage screw doesn't move the adjustment.
    I just went back & tried it again.
    It didn't want to move at all: great resistance, so knowing it was new I put a little torque to it & still didn't move.
    I'll put some penetrating oil on the head of the windage screw & let it sit all day to see if that will help.

What they did when they put the new rear sight on was make sure the windage adjustment screw was lined up in the middle & didn't try to manipulate it right and left, not realizing there would be an issue since it was new even though that was the original problem also: strange.
    I'll let you know how it turns out!
    Thanks for getting back to me, Lindsey!

Well, before I go out the door today I'll put that penetrating oil on it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After letting the rear sight soak in penetrating oil for the past 12 hours I again tried turning the windage screw.
    It was loose & responsive now.
    I moved it to the left a mark & to the right a mark (lining up the white lines).
    It did take alot more turning of the windage screw than with any other rear sight I've dealt with.

I didn't try moving the windage more than 1 mark right & left.

I then put more penetrating oil on the rear sight again to soak overnight & I hope to take it to the range tomorrow.
    The elevation is working fine but not small fine clicks for adjustment, but more like what is on the Glock 44, just a few clicks & it moves considerably, nothing subtle.

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to adjust the POI to the POA.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I soaked the rear sight in penetrating oil for the 3rd time.
    The windage adjustment is working better & I am looking forward to seeing how it dials in whenever I finally make it to the range.

I have planned to go to the range 5 days in a row, but life interferes.
    Maybe tomorrow. If not, there is always Monday. Got to love retirement. :)

Kimberly, at Sig, told me that I could send it back, paying $15 in shipping again if I needed.
    I thought to myself, "Really?"

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Follow up.
    Sights are working fine now.
    Strangely enough, you have to really turn the windage screw to get it to move the white lines a little.
    I'm glad the white lines are there to let you know if/when the turning has done any good.

Using new handgun targets at 21' with Aguila SE 40 grain HV SCN.
    SJQ71Lm.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom