• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I did a little searching around the forum, and did not see anything recent about Sig's customer service. I had to send out my p938 today to get a safety issue resolved by sig. They said it would be about 2-3 weeks. Anyone had recent experiences as far as the time it took to get your firearm back?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I ordered a 1911 ejector from them about two years ago.
    It was on back order at the time.
    I haven't heard anything since.

Other than that, no issues.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I sent in a slide for repair, as the rear sight was moving under recoil. I just got the notification its on my way back home and if it arrives on the estimated date it will be 17 days round trip.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I did a little searching around the forum, and did not see anything recent about Sig's customer service. I had to send out my p938 today to get a safety issue resolved by sig. They said it would be about 2-3 weeks. Anyone had recent experiences as far as the time it took to get your firearm back?

Funny you say this... I just sent my brand new P938 back to Sig yesterday. I was sort of wondering the same thing about the turn-around time. Yours is a perfectly timed question my friend!

Would you care to detail your "issues" with your P938? I don't want to dilute this thread, so you can also start a new one, or even PM me. Just wondering if it is for similar issues that I have. (I am getting FTF and FTE issues).

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    My cousin had to send a p220 equinox back to them a couple of times. He wasnt even the original owner. They covered shipping and had excellent service every time.

This reminds me, of topic but,.. i picked up a cheap taurus that needed a couple things, ordered some parts that were on back order a few years ago. Paid for them (they took the money) and that was that last i heard of it.. i tried to deal with them a coiple times about it and even recoeved a few small parts that were the wrong part. Think i made a post about it a long time ago...
    IMO they're customer service is worse that they're guns and that pretty freakin bad..

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

lol. I ordered grip screws for a p238 that never showed... bought them elsewhere eventually. Got a ship notification a year later, called them up and had a good laugh. Other than that, they were great.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    PLease tell me you aren't still waiting for it.

Nah.
    I waited about a month or so... :wallbash:

Then I ordered one which was delivered within 3 days.

I had much trepidation since the one I ordered had no slots cut for the roll pins.

I spent about 12 bucks on punches, files, etc. and had an outstanding experience doing my first work on a pistol.

Had some great emotional support from a top notch custom 1911 builder (on another forum) who walked me through the whole "you want me to hit it with a hammer now"? (that turned into "tap" it with a hammer). I'm constantly amazed at how generous gun folk are with their time, expertise and resources.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Does anyone know if Sig sells there BCG for a piston AR seperate and how much it runs? A guy at work wants one

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I just received my P938 back from Sig after its second trip in a month (the gun is less than 2 months old). I am a bit disappointed at having to send it back twice obviously, but both times they turned things around in less than a week, and they went above and beyond to take care of me. The second time I sent it back, I was having issues with the sear pin coming out just slightly as I shot the gun, and this was causing the safety to engage slightly (and then the gun would not shoot). This turned out to be my fault (sort of) because I was using Hogue aftermarket rubber grips. They replaced the sear pin, and the gave me brand new Sig-branded rubber Hogue grips to replace my 3rd-party ones that did not cover the pin properly. Pretty awesome!

I really gotta give it to these guys, the service has been incredible, and I am very impressed.

Now, back out to the range this weekend to see how she shoots!

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I just got my P938 repaired by Sig as well. Shipped it on a Monday and had it back in my hands eight days later on Tuesday. They replaced several things including the sear and put in the newly designed main spring housing. Put about 150 flawless rounds through it today. I found their customer service to be outstanding.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I just got my P938 repaired by Sig as well. Shipped it on a Monday and had it back in my hands eight days later on Tuesday. They replaced several things including the sear and put in the newly designed main spring housing. Put about 150 flawless rounds through it today. I found their customer service to be outstanding.

Yeah, I had those same repairs done during the first trip to Sig. Makes a huge difference in the performance (reliability) of the gun. I also got a new guide rod, and on the second trip, I also complained about dropping mags, so I got a new release mechanism with a stiffer spring. Works like a champ now! I put about 100 flawless rounds through it yesterday, and will put some more through it later today.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    They put a new mag catch in mine too although I didn't ask for it. I wasn't having mag drop problems.

You'll be happy you have it at some point. There is nothing worse than having your gun's innards rebuilt, but to get continual misfires anyway because of consistent mag drops. I cannot tell you how happy I am at the moment to have a reliable P938.

Top Bottom