• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    My LGS has a Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced that is calling my name. It's completely stock and has Magpul furniture from the factory.

Does anyone have any experience with this model of AR?

What's a fair price for one that is like new?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Rural King in Columbus has them regularly for right around $1000-$1200, but I was itching to buy one when they were at $950 around Christmas. Decided to build instead.

I was going to assume that since I've not handled a Sig that I wasn't pleased with, the rifle would also be quality.

submitbytyping

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I seriously contemplated getting one - a good price is below $1000, average is $1100ish. Great fit and finish imo. For what it's worth, I decided against it, spent a little extra and got something with better specs including a CHF barrel.

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    i gotts the sig m400 enhanced... liked it enough to getts another one for my girlfriend... weve only put pmc x-tac 556 55gr through them... no hicups noted to date... straight shooters outta the box once i figgered out that sig sight system...

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've got one which I bought a few years ago somewhere in the $900's. I picked it up from a Walmart before all of the big panic. My :twocents: are that you'd be hard pressed to find one that looks better and has this fit and finish for the price point.

I have had zero issues with mine. I really love everything about it and it has been 100% for me. I have shot a mix of brass and steel case ammo through it and it doesn't hiccup on any of it.

I too have heard some of the parts for the Sig are not interchangeable with some AR parts, but I haven't had an issue on anything to date. I've only upgraded a few minor things.

I love Sig and this has lived up to my expectations of them...

SIGM400withXDm.jpg

First time out a year or two ago...

FirstMagazineOutOfTheBox.jpg

ClarkStateForest.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I've got one which I bought a few years ago somewhere in the $900's. I picked it up from a Walmart before all of the big panic. My :twocents: are that you'd be hard pressed to find one that looks better and has this fit and finish for the price point.

I have had zero issues with mine. I really love everything about it and it has been 100% for me. I have shot a mix of brass and steel case ammo through it and it doesn't hiccup on any of it.

I too have heard some of the parts for the Sig are not interchangeable with some AR parts, but I haven't had an issue on anything to date. I've only upgraded a few minor things.

I love Sig and this has lived up to my expectations of them...

SIGM400withXDm.jpg

First time out a year or two ago...

FirstMagazineOutOfTheBox.jpg

ClarkStateForest.jpg

The only interchangeability issue I would see on the Sig would be with the ambi controls. Other than that, all the parts should be interchangeable(i.e. BCG, FCG, detents, springs, etc.). And a BIG NO to all ARs are the same. Spend a lot of time around ARs and take some carbine classes and you will see otherwise.:ingo:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig makes a solid AR, wish they did a midlength system and they didn't do that modified M4 barrel but that's just me.

Whoever does their lower, IMO, is a huge selling point. I really like they way they do their ambi mag release and they have the QD sling mounts in the lower, plus the tension screw. A lot of ARs look the same anymore (NOT saying they're all equal), but when you add a little nice touches like that, it helps set it apart.

As for the resell value bewtwen a stock 6920 and a Sig M400, I'd go Sig. Seems like in the past 2 years prices have risen at least $200. Well, besides walmart, Sig and Colt have bent over for them to make them models to sell cheap. But that's another issue

Anyway, Sig makes a solid AR. Fit and finish on the ones I've handled are nice and never visually saw any flaws in the parts. Lube it and shoot it

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Had mine for 2 years now. No complaints at all. My brother bought a PSA and had some of those cheapo thermolds. They wouldn't seat in his but would in mine. Not really that much of an issue but made me feel all happy inside for me. My cousin has a M400 also and don't think he has had any troubles either.

n1wg1u.jpg

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I was looking at the Sig M400 last year but built instead. On thing I read on many forums (but not substantiated by any "real"person) is that the limited lifetime warranty is void if you mod the rifle any way, this includes furniture. Again, just read about it, so may not be an issue esp. since you could replace stuff before you send it in for service if necessary. But I believe one person sent theirs in with cosmetic mods and they sent it back saying the warranty was void.

hawg9259

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    brazil
    ive had nine about a year now paid $999.99 at gander mtn. on a sale with a sig case, shoots great out of the box, no troubles with mine at all.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I wouldn't pay what they're going for now. When they were about $900 new, they were an ok deal.

for $1100ish, you can pick up or build something nicer. Hell, for $1100, I can get a WOA complete upper and build myself a lower with a Wilson lpk, a rr 2 stage trigger, and whatever furniture suits me. I'd sure as heck rather have that than a m400 for the same price.

Top Bottom