• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got one and like it just fine. A little finicky on ammo selection, but it runs just fine on MiniMags, so that's what I feed it.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Had one for awhile. It was super fun to shoot but I got tired of trying to find ammo it like. Would only shoot the more expensive .22LR High Velocity stuff and I wasn't saving much money that way.

Ended up trading it in for a Remington 870. Probably wouldn't buy another one if I had a choice but it was fun while it lasted.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I pretty much echo iamaclone's thoughts. Sure enjoyed mine, and it led me to purchase several other sigs, which I do love. That said, at 300 or so rounds it was just beginning to be able to eat anything but CCIs. That and the difference in the trigger between it and a real sig pretty much decided for me. I bought a 229 classic with the .22 slide and sold the skeeter.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I like mine but using Federal bulk it does have some FTF and FTE. I will have to try some others to see if I get better results.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Mine was picky and only liked Stingers and Minimags for a little while, but now all I shoot are the Federal bulk pack from Walmart and it works great. I've went through thousands of those Federal rounds with hardly a jam at all.

banjogore

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indy
    i find that if you tweak your weapons to cycle the crappyest ammo, keep it clean and serviced, it will chew anything you want to put in it

banjogore

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indy
    and as far as triggers go, i've never upgraded a trigger in my life... i look at weapons like cars you just need to get a feel for them and how they need to be handled

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    and as far as triggers go, i've never upgraded a trigger in my life... i look at weapons like cars you just need to get a feel for them and how they need to be handled

That's a very good point, well said.

Bill Springfield did the trigger on my P30, it's excellent, he'll be doing more of my guns. A lot of people don't like the Mosquito, and while my regular version is my malfunction trainer, cannot shoot a mag without several jams, my threaded version, on off all things Remington subsonic .22's with the outback 2 can, runs like a sewing machine, you can't pull the trigger fast enough.

At the NRA Convention, the Tactical Solutions guy I was talking to about their .22 threaded uppers told me to never get rid of "Tango Mike", it was the only one in the world that; a) ran, and b) ran with Remington ammo, subsonic ammo at that.

I really like "Tango Mike" and he's accurate as well.

My .02

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    just picked mine up from beech grove a couple weeks ago ( at a great price!! thanks greg) with threaded barrel just in case.......i am real happy with it. i dont feed my family or dog bottom shelf product nor do i feed my guns junk. harsh times could change all that though.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Oh, I'm with you

I'm the same way, I've tried CCI, RWS, SSK, and the only stuff that reliably runs the gun with the can is the Remington subsonic, damnest thing

maarlborogto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    i had one hated it couldnt hit anything with it never had a .22 pistol i couldnt hit anything with but that one

rebr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    That's a very good point, well said.

A lot of people don't like the Mosquito, and while my regular version is my malfunction trainer, cannot shoot a mag without several jams, my threaded version, on off all things Remington subsonic .22's with the outback 2 can, runs like a sewing machine, you can't pull the trigger fast enough.

I'm thinking about buying one of these once my paperwork for a suppressor goes through so I'm wondering if you did anything different to make the threaded version run so much better or if it is possibly just manufactured with better quality.

noday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    The cheap winchester rounds seem to do fine in the Ruger, it does not like the bulk remington .22 lr's

noday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    I was considering a misquito myself as a kind of kit/camp gun....PS I am starting to get the posting situation out.

Top Bottom