• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    Ever since some stuff came out about Blackwater a while back, they've had a bad rep, but have any of you checked out the Sig Sauer P226 Blackwater Tactical?

In my opinion it's pretty sweet. I've been trying to find one for a decent price that has either been lightly fired or not at all. Here's the description of it from the site:

"The SIG SAUER® P226® Blackwater Tactical is a full-sized 9mm featuring a stainless steel slide with rugged, wear-resistant Nitron® finish, front cocking serrations and SIGLITE® rear night sight, a TRUGLO® Tritium Fiber Optic front sight and features the Short Reset Trigger or SRT. SIG engineers designed the SRT to provide you the same great safety and smooth action of the SIG DA/SA with a comfortable reset that is 60% shorter for faster trigger return and surgical control during high speed shooting. The beavertail frame is black hard anodized light weight alloy with integral Picatinny rail and is accented with the famous Blackwater logo on the top of the slide and Blackwater Custom Magwell grips. The pistol comes with four (4) 20 round magazines so it’s ready to see action. The SIG SAUER P226 Blackwater tactical pistol is backed by SIG SAUER with a Limited Lifetime Warranty."

The more I look at this gun, the more I want it. Anyone got any thoughts, experiences, etc. about this model? Maybe you know of one that I could get in Indiana for cheap that's in pretty good condition? Have at it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I dont own one but my dad does. It is one sweet *** gun. Feels fantastic in your hand. the DA is heavy and long but the SA and SRT are wonderful. they shoot great as well. There's nothing about the gun I dont love. If you have the money go for it. I dont know where you could find one though.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I've been eyeing that gun for quite a while. One of these days I hope to have the Blackwater or an Elite.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    You really oughta try an old school German made 226 first. It's Sig karma in and of itself. Not knocking the sexed up variants, especially the SRT models, but regular trigger isn't exactly junk. Just a thought.....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sig 1911 Blackwater
    1911-Blkwtr-Detail-L.jpg

1911-Blkwtr-Detail-T.jpg

P226 Blackwater
    226-Blkwtr-Tact-detail-R.jpg

226-Blkwtr-Tact-detail-slide.jpg

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    When I first started looking for a gun, this was one of the first I held, and to this day I have not found any other gun that felt as good in my hand. I dream of owning one, but can't come close to affording one. :yesway:

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Got one. It's wifey's nightstand gun with a Siglight/laser on the tac rail.
    It's an easy gun to shoot well. Unlike the Glock 19, which was easy to shoot low/left unless you were deliberate with your trigger pull, the Sig didn't punish you for bad form. If you miss your target, it's YOUR fault!

The bi-color sights are surprisingly useful...however I wish the colors were reversed. As it is, the rear sights are green and the front sight is red. The red is very difficult to pick up with the two bright green dots from the rear sight shining in your eyes. Not really an issue with the Siglight mounted, but you hate to have to deal with any issues.

The wood grips are well-made and attractive, but add an extra 1/2" to the grip circumference. This makes the weapon a bit too big for wifey, so she put the standard plastic grips back on.

It's a surprisingly light weapon considering the size. It feels considerable lighter than my 229/.40 cal.

Mine developed rust on the rear sight after 18 months. This was odd because the gun is strictly a nightstand/range gun. Sig replaced quickly and free of charge. Had to send entire slide to Sig. They replaced sights and aligned.

The 5 mags, night sights and wood grips, if purchased seperately, would cost more than a Blackwater. Good luck finding one.

UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    All this good review just makes me want it more. I've got the money to buy it. After looking for a while, I might just buy it brand new. Everyone should get at least one thing brand new in their lifetime, right? Ha.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just ordered one this week for $900 and I can't wait till it gets here. The guy was even nice enough to throw in an extra 20 round mag for a total of 5 mags! HELL YEAH!!!

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Sweet gun, no way in Hades id buy anything with a blackwater logo on it. Very good gun, very crappy organization. Again there amazing guns probably worth every penny, and I do hope you enjoy it.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Sweet gun, no way in Hades id buy anything with a blackwater logo on it. Very good gun, very crappy organization. Again there amazing guns probably worth every penny, and I do hope you enjoy it.

Whats wrong with Black Water/ Xe? :dunno:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Whats wrong with Black Water/ Xe?
    dunno.gif
    Used to be a first rate organization. What I think of them now is not appropriate for a family friendly forum.

Probably a lot of guys who would disagree with me, but just my.:twocents:

Id really prefer not to have the debate here but suffice it to say my opinion is this, hold them to the same law US LEOs have to follow or tell them to pack there bags and get the hades out (id probably use stronger language but it would be blocked, and the mods would be sure to get me in trouble).

nipplehead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    crown point
    Blackwater tactical

I own one, Got one of the first ones about a year ago. Dont shoot it much because the first ones ot of the factory did not have the front cocking serrations. Figure it might increase its value cause its a one off. It feels great in the hand, shoots soft and accurate..every thing good about Sig is in that gun..some time i will let g00n24 shoot it.

Top Bottom