• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They're not all that "small" for being a compact gun...

There are definitely smaller firearms out there in that same price-range. (The G23 comes to mind)

However, the possibilities for all the "extras" on the P250 platform are intriguing. It's a whole heck of a lot easier to detail strip and clean a P250, too.

P250 has standard night sights, too. Extra magazines are expensive, however, if you can find them.

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I love my SIG 250 9mm Compact. Feels good in the hand, and conceals OK. If I had to do it over again, I might have gone with the M&P9c instead. Also feels great in the hand and easier to conceal (it's a true compact).

BUT....I solved this dilemma and bought a Kimber Ultra Carry.... haha

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    FOR THE $$$$ Get
    SIG SAUER P250 2SUM

from SIG SAUER INC.
    sigsauerp2502sum_10053596.png

SIG SAUER, Inc. now puts the modularity of the SIG SAUER P250 into one convenient package. The P250 2SUM comes with a full-size, Nitron-finished, 9mm P250, for duty, home defense, or sport and all the components to quickly convert it to the P250 9mm Subcompact, for concealed carry. The 2SUM brings home the characteristics of the P250 by providing all officers need to convert a full-size gun into a subcompact model, all in one convenient package.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've heard of the P250's having lots of problems, unlike the rest of the sig lines. I would wait for the to work out the bugs or choose a different firearm

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    I've had my P250 in 9mm for a while now and really like it. It was my first polymer frame pistol so that took some getting used to as compared to my P226. I personally have not had a single problem with mine, it's never malfunctioned in any way (I've put approximately 1,000-1,200 rounds through it; 500 with my wedding party the morning of my wedding). It also carries nicely for not being a sub-compact with the 16 round mag +1 for 9mm.

I have heard of some problems with the early models of .40 though. Apparently the slide catch wasn't holding it back hard enough, so when you went to put a new mag in, if you slammed it in too hard it would release the slide and chamber a new round unintentionally. I'm pretty sure Sig has resolved this issue with the new production models, and if you do have one with this problem you can send it to Sig and they'll modify it free of charge with quick turnaround times. And again, I've only heard of that being a problem on the early production .40s.

Another potential problem I've heard of is the location and spring force, or lack thereof, of the magazine release. Depending how you hold it, and/or the size of your hands, you may unintentionally release the magazine during firing (happened to me once). I took apart the mag release and stretched the spring a little bit and now have a hogue rubber grip over the handle and haven't had this problem since then. I've heard of guys also replacing the spring in there with a heavier one but don't know where they got it.
    Overall I really like mine, it's a great little gun. Hope this helps in your decision.

Top Bottom