• ...and so much more!
  • CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I got an M18. I would have preferred an M17 but I found it at a shop when shelves were bare everywhere and grabbed it. Had both the 21rd mags and the 17rd. They were dicking people on the mags for a while. Giving you black ones or a coupon.

First few mags hung and hung and hung. Im new so I didn’t know about breaking in. They made a modification due to drop safety issues and I think it was hanging on that. Was stopping 1/2in from being in battery when I rode the slide. So I oiled it and worked the action in front of the TV for a couple nights. Went to shoot it again and it was flawless. Hasn’t jammed or malfunctioned since and I have about 3000 rounds through it. It is one of my favorite guns. I will get the 17 conversion at some point.

None of the cool aftermarket stuff fits because of the safety and the LCI. So if you want to modify at all or take advantage of modularity you would be better served with a regular P320. That stupid safety really defeated modularity’s purpose. I like it anyway. Might build another P320 so I can customize one.

I paid $649. I have seen $629 and 39 since. Accuracy Unlimited in Seymour has one right now and so does Bite The Bullet. There was a used one here in the classifieds. He was trying to sell both a 17 and 18 together I think.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I got an M18. I would have preferred an M17 but I found it at a shop when shelves were bare everywhere and grabbed it. Had both the 21rd mags and the 17rd. They were dicking people on the mags for a while. Giving you black ones or a coupon.

First few mags hung and hung and hung. Im new so I didn’t know about breaking in. They made a modification due to drop safety issues and I think it was hanging on that. Was stopping 1/2in from being in battery when I rode the slide. So I oiled it and worked the action in front of the TV for a couple nights. Went to shoot it again and it was flawless. Hasn’t jammed or malfunctioned since and I have about 3000 rounds through it. It is one of my favorite guns. I will get the 17 conversion at some point.

None of the cool aftermarket stuff fits because of the safety and the LCI. So if you want to modify at all or take advantage of modularity you would be better served with a regular P320. That stupid safety really defeated modularity’s purpose. I like it anyway. Might build another P320 so I can customize one.

I paid $649. I have seen $629 and 39 since. Accuracy Unlimited in Seymour has one right now and so does Bite The Bullet. There was a used one here in the classifieds. He was trying to sell both a 17 and 18 together I think.
    Thank you for the review. Was the issue to do with the Manual safety version of the m17?

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis

Thank you for the honest review as well! Being the first one, it brought me closer to my full size companion the m17.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Given your aversion to danger (hi again from the safety third guy) you may want to read this link, and I believe there are a few other threads in here about the drop issues with the early p320’s, if you are not already aware.
    I believe they are fixed, so much so that I appendix carry one, I have banged around my 320 x5 and p320 legion enough to be confidant in them.
    Some people don’t want to trust them, and before you make the purchase you should at least be aware of what the issue was.

There may be other threads here and as usual the internet is full of speculation, just have to make up your own mind.

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Given your aversion to danger (hi again from the safety third guy) you may want to read this link, and I believe there are a few other threads in here about the drop issues with the early p320’s, if you are not already aware.
    I believe they are fixed, so much so that I appendix carry one, I have banged around my 320 x5 and p320 legion enough to be confidant in them.
    Some people don’t want to trust them, and before you make the purchase you should at least be aware of what the issue was.

There may be other threads here and as usual the internet is full of speculation, just have to make up your own mind.
    Thank you for reaching out, and adding a link for reference!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Never handled an M18. The M17 which I had was a heck of a pistol - if you like striker-fired. (I went back to hammers.)

Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Never handled an M18. The M17 which I had was a heck of a pistol - if you like striker-fired. (I went back to hammers.)
    I have the p938. Which I love. Its hammer fired. I also have a Baretta APX and its striker. I like both but prefer the hammer. This gun just happen to catch my eye and I actually just ordered an m17 this afternoon! Stoked and can not wait for it to arrive.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Thank you for the review. Was the issue to do with the Manual safety version of the m17?

Im not sure what caused it. It just needed broken in, probably like a lot of new pistols. I wanted the military gun. To me the version without the manual safety isn’t the real deal.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I have the p938. Which I love. Its hammer fired. I also have a Baretta APX and its striker. I like both but prefer the hammer. This gun just happen to catch my eye and I actually just ordered an m17 this afternoon! Stoked and can not wait for it to arrive.

Those 21 round mags eat some ammo. You can shoot though several hundred rounds real quick. It gets expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have the M17, no thumb safety. I've put maybe 200 rounds through it. Flawless.

I wouldn't call it a safe queen, I haven't been to the range in a good long time due to life happening.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I have the M17, no thumb safety. I've put maybe 200 rounds through it. Flawless.

I wouldn't call it a safe queen, I haven't been to the range in a good long time due to life happening.

My polymer frame is getting powder stained at the muzzle. I could probably clean it all the way off but I kinda like the way it looks. I would have liked one of the commemorative units that came from a buy back. They had some wear from real military use but I never saw one in a store and they want $2500 for them on gunbroker. I think they retailed for the same price as the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    The only difference is barrel and slide length. Otherwise identical. I personally HATE short slides on long grips, so I think the M18 looks like cr@p, but that's one man's opinion.

FWIW, the M18 is the pistol that gave Sig and the Army fits in early testing with reliability issues. Those have all been allegedly worked out now, and, if you're looking for a collector pistol, that's probably not a primary concern.

Top Bottom