• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    For my next handgun I'm trying to decide between the Kimber Ultra Raptor II or the Sig Sauer Ultra Nitron as my next CCW. I have read tons of stuff on the internet about the Kimber, however there is not much information about the Sig Ultra Nitron. I was hoping someone on INGO has owned the Ultra Nitron and could shed some "real world" thoughts on it. Any information would be helpful!

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Have you done your homework on 3" barreled 45acp 1911s? I've heard some have issues with timing. This is what I've been trying to decide on an ultra raptor or a xds for carry.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    I have done some research on the 3" barrel, but not enough to be an expert. I have found so many different opinions about the shorter barrel I've just come to the conclusion to get one and see what I think. The worst-case scenario is I sell it if I don't like it! The xds is a sharp looking gun thats for sure!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have a Kimber Tactial Ultra II that I have used for my main EDCC for about 7 yrs now and have zero issues with it. I have no experience with Sigs Ultra Nitron but both companies make quality products so I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one. I would look at the features you want and see which one fits you best.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    Great, after reading all the comments I am leaning more towards the Sig (that is if I can find one at the 1500). I have owned a P220 in the past and loved it, but this will be my first 1911.

Top Bottom