• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    My experiance with sigs they have all been very nice alittle pricey but your getting what you are paying for a nice piece not just a name

87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have the P229 and P232....both well made guns. I've shot Glock, Springfield Armory, Taurus, Stoeger at variuos ranges..IMO none have felt as well built as the Sigs.

astenftenagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Dubois Co.
    I went to a local gun store today and checked out the Glock 21 and Sig P220. The sig felt MUCH better in my hands. The man behind the counter also showed me to a taurus 1911 AR and it was a very comfortable gun, priced well also.
    I think I may have made my decision! :rockwoot:
    Does anyone know any downsides to this pistol?

dutch12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    someone said the sigs have no safety and that is not correct. there is a firing pin bock that will prevent the gun from firing until the trigger is pulled so yes it is safe to carry with one in the chamber and decocked. my p229 pistols have been great but my 1911s are my favorite.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've owned and shot almost every model made by Sig and Glock. Today I own several Sigs still and NO Glocks. The Sig is one of the finest pistols made IMHO. Sig, CZ, Hi Power and Colt are my choices. Oh and a Few HK P7s... ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have a Sig p226 Dark Elite 9mm and the wife has a Sig p938 9mm...

I shot a Glock and it just didn't 'fit' my hand nor did I like the way it handled/felt. That being said I do have an XDm 3.8 9mm that I do enjoy shooting so I'm not against polymer pistols.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I only carry and use sigs because I trust their reliability more. Most importantly shoot both before you buy and whatever YOU shoot best you should carry. If you can't hit the broad side of a barn with a .45 but can group 1" with a .22lr then carry a .22lr. Stopping power means nothing if it misses the target. Another reason I like sig is they are a little heavier. IMO the first shot from a glock is easier to put on target than a sig because of the sigs DA first pull, but after that the sig is more accurate for me. Nothing sole dry firing cant cure tho :) Heavier sig makes the recoil feel a lot less. I can't control the lightweight glock on follow up shots like I can the sig. When you go shoot, practice rapid fire like you would in a life or death situation and see which one you can group best. For me it's always sig because I can bring the sights back on target much quicker. I like the feel of the sig grip better as well but again, all personal opinion. Both are very reliable and and both will get the job done with a good shooter.

I carry a p220 compact sas every day with a galco kingtuk holster and could forget its there it's so comfortable.

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Sig! I started with the stuck up mosquito. Love how it fit in my hand. All the Sigs seem to share this quality. In buying my next handgun, I tried a bunch of pistols. I could not find a Glock that felt comfortable to hold let alone shoot. My wallet wasn't deep enough for a Sig, so I got a CZ.

Started saving for a Sig.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    I'm down to only one SIG-Sauer (also a P220, but kind of an oddball - a Compact SAO), but with one exception (a P232 that was well used when I got it - I could never get it to run right despite replacing many parts) all those that I've owned have been terrific guns.

28may11P220andflalers0041.jpg

A friend who's worked at a LGS for years tells me that they had some issues since '05, but that certainly has not been my experience.

Now: worth the money? That's up to you. I consider the brand to be trouble-free, accurate and kinda nifty. Other brands deliver that for less money. SIG-Sauers do have a certain cachet about them - and the Secret Service guys with all the money in the world for gear down the hall are still using them. I'm happy with the one that I have left. :)

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    If you have chosen the 220 then congratulations. Very well made and battle tested proven. The 220 is my duty sidearm and I really like it. I also really like my G21 so I don't think you could have gone wrong either way.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    You get what you pay for, with just about everything in life. I have a Sig P220 and it's great to shoot. Can't go wrong with a Sig.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I have owned 4 sigs and have gotten rid of them all. I am just not a fan. I owned a 220 compact and hated it. I would go glock all the way. Never had an issues with the sigs they just did not shoot well.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have owned 4 sigs and have gotten rid of them all. I am just not a fan. I owned a 220 compact and hated it. I would go glock all the way. Never had an issues with the sigs they just did not shoot well.

My Sigs and every one I have shot has shot well. You sure it wasn't operator error? ;-)

I can't shoot a glock accurately to save my life and I hate the way they handle but I've always said use what works best for you :-).

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Sig 220

They shoot good, but if you have small hands Forget it! It has a big grip and I have small hands and had a hard time shooting very accurately. :twocents:

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    got a pair of sigs in my safe right now. they're my favorite. added a sig 1911 recently and it is the nicest looking and tightest 1911 i've seen for under 1k. quality guns.

Top Bottom