• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a Sig Scorpion 1911 today to celebrate my 49th birthday. From the shop, we brought it home, cleaned it, gave it a good lube and then took it out to MCFG for a quick test drive. We ran about 140 rounds through it with mixed results. When I was using my Wilson Combat 8 round mags, the gun was flawless. When I used the Sig 8 round magazines, there was a FTF on at least one round per mag. Needless to say, I'm not impressed with Sigs magazines, but I do love this gun. The grips are a milled micarta type material they call G10 and extend below the frame a bit to form a beveled mag well. The night sights are nice and bright and hit POA as long as I do my part.

I don't know why companies skimp on good magazines for pistols that command a fairly high price. My Kimbers came with crap mags and now the Sig has them as well. I just don't get that.

But, I sure do like this gun. I'd been telling myself that I need to buy a 1911 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 1911 and I wanted one that represented a modern perspective. I think this one will work out nicely and once I've run some additional ammo through it, it will become the nightstand gun

IMAG0725-1.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That's nice, I held one last year and I loved it. I did have the Tacops Sig 1911 last year and it shot great, I should have kept it. Those grips give you a great grip! Congrats on the 1911 and birthday!

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Great looking 1911! I have the Tactical Operations 1911 and I had the same problem as you with the magazines. When I first ran them, they always seemed to not feed the last round in the magazine. However, after a few times loading them, that problem went away. Now, the magazines run flawlessly and I've not had a problem since. Maybe they just need to be broken in a little?:dunno:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I had a Para that was the same way. Try grabbing a Wolff spring for the mag, I did in every one of my mine and never had an issue.

Oh and happy birthday!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I'll run it with the WC mags and use the Sig mags for practice. Hopefully the break in and start working better. My Kimber mags never did break in, but are handy for reload drills.

Top Bottom