• ...and so much more!
  • cameron8697

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Martinsville,IN
    Hello all-

I am new to the comm. and have a quick question on the trade i just made. I gave up my bushmaster carbon 15 for a sig p226 uspsa edition...good deal on my end?
    Thanks

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I guess it depends on what you needed more - a pistol or a rifle? SIG wants more (at MSRP) for the P226 than Bushmaster wants for the Carbon 15. I'll go out on a limb and say that the SIG is a better example of a classic handgun than the Bushmaster is an example of an AR15. I would have probably made the trade, but I've got other ARs and pistols, so I'd be looking at it as straight up market value.

And welcome to INGO!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Do you have your LTCH? And another pistol for EDC? If so, I think you made a good deal. If it was your only pistol and you carry most of the time I think the trade could have waited. But if you don't carry, you have a great home defense weapon.

Welcome to INGO.

Might want to stop by the Introduction section to properly introduce yourself....if you want.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think they are both comparable in price. I think the bushmaster was retailing in the mid to upper 800's before the panic and I think the Sig 226 retail around 900 or so. So if your happy, it was a good deal! I have one of each and Im happy. :):

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I understand the allure of the lightweight rifle, but I personally don't care for the carbon ARs. They are very light, but not near so robust (In my opinion, which, with 5.00, will get you a cup of Starbux) as the aluminum variety.
    The 226, on the other hand, is (again, in my opinion,) a WHIPPIN' little combat handgun. They work, they work, did I mention that they just plain WORK? I like 'em. And I think tha they are extraordinarily reliable pistols.
    I think you did well. And congratulations on a relevant and concise first post. Welcome to the forum.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I understand the allure of the lightweight rifle, but I personally don't care for the carbon ARs. They are very light, but not near so robust (In my opinion, which, with 5.00, will get you a cup of Starbux) as the aluminum variety.
    The 226, on the other hand, is (again, in my opinion,) a WHIPPIN' little combat handgun. They work, they work, did I mention that they just plain WORK? I like 'em. And I think tha they are extraordinarily reliable pistols.
    I think you did well. And congratulations on a relevant and concise first post. Welcome to the forum.

+1 I would have made that trade.

Top Bottom