• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nick112288

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    Which do you guys recommend? I don't care about length or weight, so don't suggest one simply because it's shortest or lightest.

I'm wanting whichever one offers the best suppression, strength/longevity, and value.

Sig and YHM are only a couple dollars different, so that's not a factor. I know the YHM is more established, but I really like what Sig has done with their suppressors and have read it works quite well, and might be one of the few, but actually like the torpedo look to it. Guys have any experience with the Sigs to back up the claims that it does a good job?

Any longevity issues with either mount? Anyone worn out a YHM QD mount?

Then there is the Specwar. It's about $50 more. Does it really suppress that much better to justify that jump up in price?

For now this is going on a 10" 300 blackout, but will down the road go on a 308 bolt action and hopefully 5.56 or 6.8 when I get around to building another AR

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    ***first hand info***

I have a YHM 7.62 non titanium QD. It is a bit heavy for fun shooting. It helps immensely with noise at shooters position and mostly I use it for coyotes off the back deck when they get brave (1-2 years from being shot at.) I'm personally happy with it and I hope the second hand info is incorrect. Based on Second hand info though, I'm buying a Sig soon, in titanium.

***second hand info***
    YHM is very hard to deal with

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I can't comment on the two that you listed, but I picked up a Gemtech HVT and have been very happy with it. I think I only paid $500+stamp. Its heavy and a touch longer than the high end cans out there, but for the money I'm really impressed with it.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    YHM LT, I don't do full auto. works good on 556, too with same QD mount(different size hole, off course).

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    ***second hand info***
    YHM is very hard to deal with

My ***1st hand info*** is different.

I bought the YHM 7.72 Ti first, along with an extra QD mount, then an LT few months later. After I picked up the LT, I found out the older QD mounts don't work with the LT, they are too long(newer QD mount works on both newer and older cans). I called YHM, they told me just send the old ones in, $5.65 postage and a week later I received 2 brand new mounts.

nick112288

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    If the Sig cans were available when I was in the market for a can, I'd have one.

The problem I'm having with the Sig cans, is every review is about the Ti ones. Which are larger and have more volume than the regular ones. I can't find any numbers on how the regular cans meter

Top Bottom