• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crampa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Plymouth, In.
    I read on another forum that some of the new Sigs are only coming with one magazine (like mine). Sig is placing a voucher in the box that can be sent back to them to receive another magazine. Has anyone done this. Because I didn't see a voucher in my box.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I read on another forum that some of the new Sigs are only coming with one magazine (like mine). Sig is placing a voucher in the box that can be sent back to them to receive another magazine. Has anyone done this. Because I didn't see a voucher in my box.

Sounds like a backdoor approach at registering the weapon with the manufacturer?

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like a backdoor approach at registering the weapon with the manufacturer?

Not at all, this is the same thing as a mail in rebate on a cell phone or any other product. The majority of the time people do not send these rebates in, so if the majority of people don't send them in bc they forget to do so in the allotted time period or just get lazy and don't do it tons of money can be saved.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    No. OP is correct. The following is a link to a post from Top Gun Supply on Sigforum explaining what is going on:

New Sigs Coming w/one Magazine Due to Shortage - Topic

If you get a gun without a voucher, go back to the dealer. It's all good. This will enable SIG to stay on top of shipping their firearms out, without having to wait for magazines to ship. As far as them hoping nobody redeems them, good point...however, these magazines usually tend to be 40 to 50 bucks a piece. I'm sure most customers will go out of their way to redeem these vouchers. It's not like getting a Menards $3.00 rebate.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's little downside to this for SIG:

1. If people do not return vouchers, they save money.
    2. If someone does return a voucher, they get the customer's information.

Some downsides are that SIG runs the risk of looking like a bunch of cheapskates and/or tarnishing the image of their guns. I mean, what guns typically come with 1 magazine? Usually "value" handguns or lower end models.

They may also lose some sales. Why hassle with the process of getting another mag and providing your info to the mfg, when you can just buy a different handgun that comes with 2 or 3 mags - no strings attached?

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    No. OP is correct. The following is a link to a post from Top Gun Supply on Sigforum explaining what is going on:

New Sigs Coming w/one Magazine Due to Shortage - Topic

If you get a gun without a voucher, go back to the dealer. It's all good. This will enable SIG to stay on top of shipping their firearms out, without having to wait for magazines to ship. As far as them hoping nobody redeems them, good point...however, these magazines usually tend to be 40 to 50 bucks a piece. I'm sure most customers will go out of their way to redeem these vouchers. It's not like getting a Menards $3.00 rebate.

I used to work at AT&T, cell phone mail in rebates are between $50-$150. You wouldnt believe the amount of people that dont send those rebates in. I wasnt talking about $3 rebates from menards or things like that.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

There is a possability that the dealer is pulling vochers out of the Sig boxes, using his customers name and then the address of the shop.

Paranoid you say??? It could be done, most large corporations could easily mail out mags to the same address with different names and it would never be caught.

Big win for the dealer, as he is getting all these "free" Sig mags to sell in his shop.

Last edited:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a Sig P938 at Gander Mt last month. One magazine no voucher.
    Was I duped?

I'll bet that if you called sig, let them know about your situation, they would probably tell you if your purchase should have included a voucher. If so let them know where you bought it, and go back to where you bought it and let them know.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Sounds like the bad ole days of 1994 - 95. So many dealers were pulling the hi-caps from new guns that Para Ordinance included 10 rd mags and a mail in coupon for two hi-caps. Today I see blue label Glocks with one mags. The hi-cap mags were driving the gun prices. Today, be sure to ask about included mags.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Do you think the same with Ruger's petition to your local politicians?

You do have to provide your address after all and how many non gun owners are going to sign it?

Yes I did and still do... and I am okay with that. I was simply making an observation about the situation.

With the Ruger petition there was no information about firearms or anything one may have once owned. I would even be okay with sending in the voucher for the Magazine... I'm not bothered by it at all.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    There is a possability that the dealer is pulling vochers out of the Sig boxes, using his customers name and then the address of the shop.

Paranoid you say??? It could be done, most large corporations could easily mail out mags to the same address with different names and it would never be caught.

Big win for the dealer, as he is getting all these "free" Sig mags to sell in his shop.

Good point. Though I would suggest to members that if ya catch any dealer doing that with ANY voucher / rebate / coupon, they turn that dealer in immediately as there's stiff penalties for perpetrating that fraud.

Turned in a local gas station years ago for doing just exactly that with cigarette coupons. He got whacked hard enough he had to close the station. Gee... that's too bad. :D

Top Bottom