• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    not sore, just old...... carry a shield with factory sights, wear bi-focals, really have trouble aquiring and lining up sights. Laser or better sights?, help please, thanks

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a similar issue with bifocals and sights. The best option I've found to date is the Trijicon HDs. That bright front sight and subdued rear sight picture has been easier for me to acquire. You can get an idea of whether or not they will work for you by touching up your current front sight with a bit of bright yellow or orange nail polish. If it helps, cool. If not, you did not waste money on sights that have no benefit for you.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I use lineless bifocals. Since they are gradient you can just tilt your head up or down a little until the front sight comes in to focus. Made a huge improvement in my pistol shooting.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I've been changing front sights for fiber optic ones.
    not the rear, just the front

works for me

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My sister has the Crimson Trace laser on her Shield it is very visible even during the day it should be very easy to pick up. That and a pair of XS Big Dots its almost physically impossible to miss the big front sight "golf-ball".

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    XS Big Dot 24/7 Tritium Xpress night sights. Great sights, very easy to acquire a sight picture. The come with all the tools required to install them. I have them on a G23 and can't miss the golf ball sized front sight bobbling in my sight picture. And they're relatively cheap. I paid 90 for front and rear tritium.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would look into two of the things mentioned here. The HD's if that suits your fancy, or the XS sights if your vision really is of concern as with the different rear sight it makes things a bit easier. I REALLY LIKE BOTH and think either would be a fine choice. XS would be my lean with the eyesight issue for the reason I mentioned. XS needs to come out with a yellow front sight!

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    BFish- XS had said they'll never release a colored plastic piece because white is the last color your eyes can see in low light, or some such. It's on their website.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't really recommend a fiber optic front sight for carry. If the rod breaks or falls out, you are now without a front sight. You can try blacking out the rear dots with a sharpie, and paint the front dot a bright color.

Top Bottom