• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    Well I finally sighted in my Hi Point Carbine with a BSA Red Dot Scope.. I will have to say that once sighted in this thing was hitting dead on center and putting groups together like I never thought it would!! I am very impressed not only with the gun but with myself because I have never sighted in a red dot before..... I may have to use the red dot scope on more guns!!!

I am not sure how far away I was but it was as far as I could be and not have to sit in the sun, yesterday it was HOT!! I am going to be measuring out my range and building a couple more targets so that I can have more fun with this and hopefully other people that want to come by and shoot for free......

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good deal. I really like dot scopes, as my eyes aren't what they used to be and I struggle with irons at times. Really improved my shooting and make it fun again. My AKs all wear one type or another, as do my handguns. Just about the only thing I won't put optics on are milsurps. On your carbine, what style stock do you have on it and what size groups do you get at 50yards? Been thinking of getting one as they seem like fun shooters.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    I have the ATI stock..with a somewhat cushioned butt pad and a compensator... I actually measured out today and I was only 100 ft away.. I was getting really tight groups. I would say all within 4 inches of each other. and I was shooting pretty quickly.. i am going to set up a 50 yard target this week...

Barry Vance

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I have a BSA also and have found that the groups open up quite a bit at 50 yrds but i still love the red dot though. Good luck

Top Bottom