• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive pretty much got my Liberty Training Rifle ready to go. Its a stainless carbine length 10-22 w/ tech sights and a USGI sling. Tomorrow Im taking a comp day from work and going to the range to play with it, and a couple others.

How to I need to setup my rifle as far as sights go for an appleseed? I remember reading somewhere to set it up on the 25m range to shoot a 1/2" above POA, but I cant find that anywhere. What is the recommended sight adjustment?

thanks,
    clay

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yes, 25 yards, .5 inch above POA allows you to put the full 1" square on top of your front sight blade and have the rounds all enter at the center of the square. That is the most effective technique and is often called "punpkin on a post".

Get her ready, and have fun too!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok, thanks!

Related question: I ordered the 'extended national match front post', which is a 'taller front post for shooting on shorter ranges'. Should I also install and sight the rifle with this front post installed vs. the front post that came with the sights?

Thanks,
    clay

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, thanks!

Related question: I ordered the 'extended national match front post', which is a 'taller front post for shooting on shorter ranges'. Should I also install and sight the rifle with this front post installed vs. the front post that came with the sights?

Thanks,
    clay

Install and then sight in with whichever you want before the event. I have not used that product personally, so I cannot speak to it. I would say, put it on and see how she runs!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well I got it pretty close. Overall Im pretty happy with the way this rifle performs, I could use some work, but I think Im doing ok pre-appleseed. Really concentrating on breathing and trigger work while I was out today. Here are the results: (yes, we make our own targets at this range typically)

picture.php

picture.php

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    How big are those diamonds? Are you on a bench?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    each side of the diamond is 2.5", w/ a 1/2" circle in the center.

I was sitting at a bench using sling (arm through sling pulled tight).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Then you are gonna do great (don't let that go to your head though). Which events are you signed up for?

Top Bottom