• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    okay i love my parents but they got me s&w sigma 9mm and the gun is not the most accurate, and parts for this gun are not the easiest to find. so my question is does anyone know where i can buy replacement sights for it that will improve the accuracy of the pistol? it fires high and to the right.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    How long have you been shooting it? Whats your round count? Sometimes, it just takes a couple hundred rounds for things to get broken-in and get more accurate.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    okay i love my parents but they got me s&w sigma 9mm and the gun is not the most accurate, and parts for this gun are not the easiest to find. so my question is does anyone know where i can buy replacement sights for it that will improve the accuracy of the pistol? it fires high and to the right.

The SIGMA is plenty accurate, You just have to learn how to pull the heavy trigger without jerking the gun:yesway: Practice dry firing without moving the gun:twocents:

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I have a Sigma 9MM and it is Very Accurate, once I got used to the trigger. Now I am more accurate with it than any of my other hand guns, But I have shot it ALOT.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    And if you absolutely positively can't stand it, just mail it to me. I'll give you the address.

You got it for free, so you wouldn't be losing anything, would ya? :D

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The SIGMA is plenty accurate, You just have to learn how to pull the heavy trigger without jerking the gun:yesway: Practice dry firing without moving the gun:twocents:

Make sure it's not you. Either have someone else shoot it, or shoot off a rest.
    :+1: My experiences with the Sigma pistols has been pretty positive. They do have some pretty nasty triggers that may take some getting used to, but overall I think thet are nice handguns. Like others have said try some dry fire practice and get some more range time in and maybe have someone else try it out. Good luck :ingo:

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    The front sight is glued in so changing it out will cost you some money with a gunsmith.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    you have the train and shoot a lot of rounds through a side arm to give it an opportunity to work for you.

sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    I was hoping it was me, ive shot off a few pistols before and i was more on target with them than i am with mine. glocks, s&w 38spcl, colt 1911, I like getting advice from the pros out there. thanks guys!

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    The trigger on a Sigma is indeed heavy, and takes time to master, especially for a newer shooter. It can be done, though. And if you learn to shoot your Sigma well, you'll be a better shot across the board, with whatever you shoot.

You are probably "heeling" the gun when firing, basically squeezing the whole grip instead of just the trigger. That's what shooting high and right generally indicates. Concentrate on keeping a firm, steady grip and moving only the trigger to fire.

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    Go to S & W Forum-There is a lot of information about getting the Sigma more user friendly.I changed the springs in mine & polished the internals. The gun shoots like a dream.

Top Bottom