• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Friend of mine got a $125 ticket for not having a signed car registration ( https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3388841003451&id=1342373220 ).

It used to always be right on the front of the registration, a big line and notice that the registration was not valid until signed. For some reason, someone decided to change it to a notice on the BACK of the registration. It is not valid unless signed by ALL owners or something to that effect. Who looks at the back of those things?

I always make sure we sign them, but this year when I got the plate for the van, I didn't even look on the back. I noticed that there was no place to sign on the front so I ASSumed they had finally done away with the stupid signing rule. When I got the vibe's I noticed the stupid place on the back, got the other one back and and we signed them both.

$125 is kind of steep for a missing signature on a stupid piece of paper!

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Happened to me once. I was actually stopped for speeding, but the officer only fined me for the registration. I suppose a non-moving violation is better than a speeding ticket.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Court costs-state: $49; court costs-county: $21; infraction judgements: $9.50; law enforcement fee: $4; highway work zone fees: 50 cents; jury fee fund: $2; document storage fee: $2; auto. record keep-state: $4; judicial ins adjust fee: $1; judicial salaries fee: $19; court administration fee: $5; DNA sample processing: $2; public defense admin fee: $5; aotu record keep-county: $1. Grand total: $125

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That's happened to me before. I must have had a cool officer though because all he did was ask me to sign it. I didn't even get a ticket.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I once got pulled over for my registration being expired. It wasn't; I had simply not put the sticker on. I had the paper with the sticker still attached inside the car. Still don't understand why the cop wouldn't let me put it on the car right there in front of him.

Regardless, he gave me a "warning" (I suppose because there wasn't anything else available other than the much more appropriate, "Oh, OK. Get it on there ASAP so no one else pulls you over, and have a nice day, sir.") and cautioned me that it would be on file in the local courts, so if I got pulled over again, I'd have to go before the judge. :rolleyes:

Yes, because my car is so much safer for everyone else on the road, now that I have a little plastic sticker on the license plate. :ugh:

Blessings,
    Bill

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I once got pulled over for my registration being expired. It wasn't; I had simply not put the sticker on. I had the paper with the sticker still attached inside the car. Still don't understand why the cop wouldn't let me put it on the car right there in front of him.

Regardless, he gave me a "warning" (I suppose because there wasn't anything else available other than the much more appropriate, "Oh, OK. Get it on there ASAP so no one else pulls you over, and have a nice day, sir.") and cautioned me that it would be on file in the local courts, so if I got pulled over again, I'd have to go before the judge. :rolleyes:

Yes, because my car is so much safer for everyone else on the road, now that I have a little plastic sticker on the license plate. :ugh:

Blessings,
    Bill

So that was YOU huh? We spotted you prior to the lights coming on. . . .I tell you what. . . .it scared the goose giblets right out of both of us!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Ignorance of the law is no defence. However, I agree that its the stupid petty little things like that which slowly grind us, the public down.

In the UK people who do stuff like that are called jobsworths.
    "Oh, I could let you off, but its more than my job's worth, mate"

Give any man a uniform and within a week he'll want to invade Poland.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They moved it to the back so more people would miss it, and they could collect more fines. Bureaucrats can be sneaky about stuff like that.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    ....and this is where respect for LE and the court system tends to go away. What an egregious and unsafe thing to to - not signing your vehicle registration.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I had to write a $125 ticket for something so trivial, so absolutely harmless and not a safety hazard in anyway, I'd have to say that I was a self hating DB and no wonder why so many people dislike me.

Top Bottom