Signs Signs, Everywhere there's signs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did not see my circumstance. Any idea why Michigan and Ohio would be so afraid of someone with a concealed weapon at one of their massive auto auctions?
    There really isn't any way to rationalize the anti gun position. I've told this story here before, and as some of you may know, we are building an indoor range here in Clarksville. At one of the zoning meetings, a teacher from a nearby elementary school was in tears because, in her mind, a kid will be able to just walk into our facility at any time, pick up a gun, and shoot themselves with it! When you hear things like that coming from our "educators", it's no wonder people develop completely irrational thoughts.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There really isn't any way to rationalize the anti gun position. I've told this story here before, and as some of you may know, we are building an indoor range here in Clarksville. At one of the zoning meetings, a teacher from a nearby elementary school was in tears because, in her mind, a kid will be able to just walk into our facility at any time, pick up a gun, and shoot themselves with it! When you hear things like that coming from our "educators", it's no wonder people develop completely irrational thoughts.

OH MY GOD, SHE'S RIGHT! We need to immediately close the convenience stores! A kid would be able to just walk in and rob one! And we need to get rid of cars, because some kid is easily able to just get in one, hot wire it, and drive it into a crowd of people! And we need to forbid children to feed themselves, as one might choke on a crust of bread! And water! We must get rid of water (dihydrogen monoxide memes notwithstanding) because a child might get waterlogged or even *GASP* (whispers) drown in it.

There are clinical signs that teachers and other professionals are trained to spot in children and adults. If having the range there can cause the child to walk in to the Clarksville Indoor Gun Range and Shop and complete his/her own suicide, my first question as an investigator is why no one saw those signs before this happened, and if they did, why they did nothing to prevent it from happening.

Blessings,
    Bill

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Snipped

There are clinical signs that teachers and other professionals are trained to spot in children and adults. If having the range there can cause the child to walk in to the Clarksville Indoor Gun Range and Shop and complete his/her own suicide, my first question as an investigator is why no one saw those signs before this happened, and if they did, why they did nothing to prevent it from happening.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yeah, well if they're as well "trained" in spotting suicidal behavior as they are at actually "educating," then, judging by the literacy and judgment displayed by numerous "educators" both here and elsewhere, I can understand why they can't spot suicidal kids, either.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yeah, well if they're as well "trained" in spotting suicidal behavior as they are at actually "educating," then, judging by the literacy and judgment displayed by numerous "educators" both here and elsewhere, I can understand why they can't spot suicidal kids, either.

No argument, and this is simply their method of not having to spot and report and get help for the suicidal kid. Think of it as blame deflection.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, Ohio does suck in that manner. Our son and family live over there, and I really have to watch where I go there. Stupid morons think their sign is gonna make it all safe and such....just like a gang-banger is legal to own and carry the guns they carry? How's that law working for ya' Ohio? :twocents:
    Forget Ohio. Try Illinois where most of the signs carry the force of law. I especially like the signs in parking decks where gangbangers can lay in wait with their guns and prey upon us law abiding people who actually follow the law. I cringe every time I have to park in a parking deck in Illinois.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have recently relocated to OH for work and I must be honest the signs seem to be everywhere. I have a class this Saturday at Tatical Skills Development to satisfy the states training requirements. I think the part I am looking forward to the most is the portion over their laws because they vary so widely from indiana however since I have been here (3 months or less) they have passed the "parking lot law" so that employers cannot terminate employees for having firearms in their vehicles and a law regarding carrying while picking up or dropping off a kiddo at daycare (didn't really read that portion due to not having kids). Hopefully they do away with the duty to inform and the no gun signs carrying the weight of law sooner than later.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Going back to the OP's 'original premise. Where do you guys go that you are barraged with the official "no-go" Ohio signs? I'm on my second day here between Dayton and now Blue Ash and I have yet to see a single sign in either town.

Buffalo Wings and Rings
    Wendys
    Walmart
    City BBQ
    A Sunoco gas station

Well, I did see one sign; On the door of a Bar I drove past. But those are not at their discretion, but per state law.

EDIT: bgcatty; Ohio's signs are the same as IL. If the right sign is posted in the correct manner, it has the force of law behind it.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Those in academia have always been extremely liberal, i.e., heavy on emotion, zero facts. Sadly, a great many people just in general today, are nearly delusional with their inability to reason or grasp simple facts. In what world would she have a fear that a child could just walk into a gun range and access a weapon?

Top Bottom