• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just a thought, but has anyone been noticing signs that point out the fact that the folks moving in higher circles know things may get nuts? For instance, at work, they recently upgraded the security system with a lot of automated things that make it virtually impossible to get into our building without setting alarms off. That was billed as bringing our building up to company standards, but today I noticed that they are putting large steel fences around our generators. These are not chain link, but are heavy steel 8' fences that curve out at the top set on heavy steel posts. The kind of thing that would be tough to drive a truck through.

It looks like they are protecting those against rioting and looting. Our building was turned into a near fortress, now our emergency power generators are hardened as well. Interesting stuff.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What I find interesting is that I've been involved in internet forums of some sort since 1987 and dialup bbses since 1981, and in that entire time I've seen a continuous stream of posts positing this same type of question.

This is not to say that S won't HTF at some point, but I'm still waiting given all the "imminent signs" I've been warned of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Purely a sign of our troubled times. I see this everywhere I go and that is a lot of commercial, industrial and office parks. If you set it out, they will steal it. If you bolt it down they will steal a wrench set and steal it. If you, well you get it right.
    People are walking into office buildings and strolling into offices and walking casually out with purses, laptops etc. Be alert, stay aware, people suck most everywhere.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I work for a bank, and I have seen people in the past two weeks clean three entire account and boxes our. Guy came in last week and pulled two duffel bags of cash out of a safety deposit box and then come back and I had rip help him carry a bag of gold! My radar is up for sure

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I work for a bank, and I have seen people in the past two weeks clean three entire account and boxes our. Guy came in last week and pulled two duffel bags of cash out of a safety deposit box and then come back and I had rip help him carry a bag of gold! My radar is up for sure

Could be divorce but people are freaking out.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Gas prices alone are enough for some people to start freaking out.

They're really going to :eek: when prices hit $5.00 this summer.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    My company had all its HVAC units stolen overnight last summer...7 of them. Likely by some meth users wanting the copper in them. They probably would have taken the Cummins backup diesel generator had it not been so large & heavy.

We now have a big-ass fence around our stuff, too.

I've seen lots of shipping containers used on construction sites recently for storage, because the theft of equipment & parts that has been so common has gotten absolutely out of control.

I see it less of "S is about to HTF" as "lazy f'ers would rather take your stuff than work and get it themselves".

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    It may be sooner than the summer of 2012 that gas prices here hit $5. They've already reached $6 in FL.

Where did this info come from???? I am not saying that it is not true but I have not heard anything about this. We have some friends that live in FL and their gas prices have been much lower than ours for about a year and a half

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My company had all its HVAC units stolen overnight last summer...7 of them. Likely by some meth users wanting the copper in them. They probably would have taken the Cummins backup diesel generator had it not been so large & heavy.

I've seen lots of shipping containers used on construction sites recently for storage, because the theft of equipment & parts that has been so common has gotten absolutely out of control.

I see it less of "S is about to HTF" as "lazy f'ers would rather take your stuff than work and get it themselves".

Holy hell man, 7 over night? That had to be a whole gaggle of meth tweekers, or a team of tweekers or a even a plethora or methoras !!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Like I said, they will take if you make it easy. The shops on gasoline alley had every A/C unit ripped in one weekend. 46 of them. They were no sooner replaced than most of them were ripped again. No honer or respect anymore. The drug culture will be the end of us.

Top Bottom