• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Looking at a few suppressors that are all currently out of stock, but want to be ready when they are back in stock on how to register them. I likely won’t do a traditional trust route and mess with background checks, fingerprints, etc for everyone on the trust. So I was thinking of doing the Single Shot/Unlimited. However, after reading on it a bit, it appears in the event of my death the Single Shot is limited in who the suppressor can go to.

Individual: can be willed to whoever is listed as beneficiary of that item in my will, after the required paperwork is completed for the transfer to said individual.
    Standard trust: can list beneficiary to pass too in that trust.
    Single Shot: “The Trust is set up to pass to whomever is listed as the Executor of your will.”

I don’t exactly like being limited to that. If my wife (executor if only I die) has no interest in owning them after I die, but my kids do, they would have to go through a transfer outside of the trust to get to my kids as individual registration. If my wife and I were to both pass at the same time, the executor in that case would be another relative of mine, and would get them, not my kids.

For those that have done a Single Shot, were you aware they are set up like this/is there anyway around it being set up like that?

Silencer Shop Trusts

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Individual: can be willed to whoever is listed as beneficiary of that item in my will, after the required paperwork is completed for the transfer to said individual.
    Standard trust: can list beneficiary to pass too in that trust.
    Single Shot: “The Trust is set up to pass to whomever is listed as the Executor of your will.”
    Individual - can be willed to a direct family member on a form 5. It can't be willed to just anyone. It can be form 4'ed to anyone after the transfer is complete to the executer of your estate (your wife).

Standard Trust - Any benefactor / grantor / Trustee can take possession of the item immediately upon your death. There is no additional paperwork except to have you removed from the trust.

Single Shot: A Silencer Shop markup product that has no benefit if you're the only one listed on the trust. They thank you for your $25 contribution.

Last edited:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    You can add people to your Single Shot Trust with a notary. I'd have to dig mine out, but I believe the paperwork is the 3rd and 4th part of the trust. It's really simple to do and you can make as many copies as you need for your spouse, kids, or whoever you trust with your NFA item(s)

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    You can add people to your Single Shot Trust with a notary. I'd have to dig mine out, but I believe the paperwork is the 3rd and 4th part of the trust. It's really simple to do and you can make as many copies as you need for your spouse, kids, or whoever you trust with your NFA item(s)
    If you Single Shot Trust for on can...can you add all your other cans to it too?

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    No, the single shot is for that specific suppressor. They do offer an unlimited trust which is set up like the Single Shot, which you can add as many NFA items to it as you would like.
    So if I wanted to add more cans to it I'd probably have to lawyer up and in which case probably better just to re-trust it all...dang...

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    So if I wanted to add more cans to it I'd probably have to lawyer up and in which case probably better just to re-trust it all...dang...
    If you're planning on doing multiple suppressors onto a trust, you can go with the Single Shot Unlimited. Or you can have a lawyer draft one up, it's your choice. Lawyers are usually expensive. I don't know who one of my friends lawyer is, but he said it cost him $400 to draw up the trust, and the lawyer charges $50 for each of his stamps to be added.

The Single Shot Unlimited is $129.99 and allows you to add as many as you want at no additional cost.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    If you're planning on doing multiple suppressors onto a trust, you can go with the Single Shot Unlimited. Or you can have a lawyer draft one up, it's your choice. Lawyers are usually expensive. I don't know who one of my friends lawyer is, but he said it cost him $400 to draw up the trust, and the lawyer charges $50 for each of his stamps to be added.

The Single Shot Unlimited is $129.99 and allows you to add as many as you want at no additional cost.
    Your friend should have used Marc Halata ... https://halatalaw.com/ ... one time fee (much less than $400), and lifetime legal support.

There are no fees to add items to your trust. You simply modify the schedule attached to your trust (based upon instructions provided) and destroy older copies of the schedule.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Your friend should have used Marc Halata ... https://halatalaw.com/ ... one time fee (much less than $400), and lifetime legal support.

There are no fees to add items to your trust. You simply modify the schedule attached to your trust (based upon instructions provided) and destroy older copies of the schedule.
    I don't know when Mr. Halata started his practice, but my friend and his brothers and father started their trust and NFA game some 12-15 years ago. Maybe there were cheaper options, I have no idea, as I just got my first can a couple of years ago. It seems there are much more options now than there were back then with suppressors and SBR's being more common. Without going into detail about their family, I'm sure they have their reasons for using who they use.

I do like how there are multiple options and attorney's who specialize in NFA now. It's one of the reasons I decided to finally get my first can a couple of years ago. Silencer Shop and the guys at M&J Firearms made the process extremely easy. I thought it would be stressful and a lot of red tape, but it really wasn't.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No, the single shot is for that specific suppressor. They do offer an unlimited trust which is set up like the Single Shot, which you can add as many NFA items to it as you would like.
    Thats the way I went with the way we are heading with new NFA purchases, In the end it will have four of us as Trustee's in three different States. It makes it so much easier to pass things back and fourth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom