Silencerco Octane from Silencershop.com process and review from a first timer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Wednesday April 1, no fooling. Well, I did it. I finally put in my credit card information and made the first step in buying a suppressor from Silencershop.com. I read many positive reviews about their 'Silencershop direct' service and gave that a try. I also paid for the stamp, and the trust through the site. The wait times seem to be getting down into the 60-90 days range for the form 4 trust, via paper application. I was given a trust a year or two back and never followed through because of the insane wait times, an application mistake, and a financial problem all at once.

Today's part was very easy. I simply added the suppressor, the stamp and Silencershop direct service, and the trust to my cart. Then I entered my information, and hit submit. It was about as painless as ordering from amazon, ebay, or any other online site. It seems very well put together, and finding everything was easy. It gave me a heads up to look for a follow up email, and a receipt arrived in my inbox immediately. I wasn't expecting the trust email until business hours since it was 12:30 am, BUT two minutes later two emails showed up.

The first was an email stating that they allocated a suppressor for me, and gave me the serial number right away. It also contained a link to take a few seconds to submit my information so that the transfer may get started as soon as possible(will get to it tomorrow)

The second email contained a link to set up your trust. I will also get to this tomorrow.

Thursday April 2 2015: I clicked the link to fill out the trust information. It gives you a pretty clear warning that the trust is not to be shared, and that it is copyrighted etc. The questions on the trust are SUPER CLEAR and contain examples. It took literally 5 minutes. I clicked submit, and it arrived in PDF form within seconds. The trust comes with instructions on how to get your notary, instructions on adding and amending the trust, and PLENTY of blank spaces for adding and removing items from the trust. Really, this can't be any easier.

I received an email giving me three dealers within 3 hours driving time who have a deal with silncershop to fill out all of the tax and transfer work:
    "PREMIER ARMS LLC
    417 EAST MAIN STREET; BROWNSBURG, IN 46112
    Tactical Component MFG LLC
    6680 SR 331 South; BREMEN, IN 46506
    BITE THE BULLET LLC
    101 E 2[SUP]ND[/SUP] ST; SEYMOUR, IN 47274

If none of these work for you we can get your transfer started to someone closer. To reiterate if you don’t select one of these dealers, we will NOT process your paperwork, we will REFUND your $270 tax stamp, and your local dealer will be charging you their standard transfer rate. Transfer rates are not provided to us by dealers, and will need to be contacted for further information
    I chose the one in brownsburg, as it is closest to me. I also could have had it sent to applied ballistics in lafayette, so that I could have conjugal visits, however decided against it to save money on range trips until it gets to go home with me.

I Called to ask how long the dealer to deal transfers are taking, and the guy on the phone told me about 2 months. He also told me that You have until that dealer to dealer transfer goes through to get them the trust if you want your form 4 started immediately upon approval of the dealer transfer. I also added a 9mm endcap to my order.

So far all communications have been Polite, prompt, and courteous. Someone answers the phone and seems willing to help every time. So far, so good.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'll be buying a Specwar soon, I'm still debating between the K model and the full size versions, but it will be through SS Direct, for sure.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    When I get my trust set up at the end of the month I plan on buying an Omega! I am happy to hear how painless it was!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I used Silencer Shop Direct for my Silencerco Saker... Its nice getting the emails throughout the process so you know how everything is progressing without doing any of the leg work.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You can do it yourself it you want. It lets you spread out the cost a bit more than doing everything all at once through SilencerShop.
    I bought a Saker on sale from them & had it shipped to Premier in Brownsburg. Dealer to dealer took ~5 weeks.
    I bought a Trust online from 199trust.com via Gearhog. On sale for ~$59.
    I bought an extra muzzle device later through SilencerShop. On sale ~$80.
    I mailed a paper copy of my trust + two copies of the Form 4 prepared by Premier + my ATF $200 stamp fee.
    When it gets approved I'll pay the out of state dealer transfer fee to Premier. $100.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    You can do it yourself it you want. It lets you spread out the cost a bit more than doing everything all at once through SilencerShop.
    I bought a Saker on sale from them & had it shipped to Premier in Brownsburg. Dealer to dealer took ~5 weeks.
    I bought a Trust online from 199trust.com via Gearhog. On sale for ~$59.
    I bought an extra muzzle device later through SilencerShop. On sale ~$80.
    I mailed a paper copy of my trust + two copies of the Form 4 prepared by Premier + my ATF $200 stamp fee.
    When it gets approved I'll pay the out of state dealer transfer fee to Premier. $100.

A bit too late for that for me lol. Although, money aside (I have been saving for a while) My purpose was paying for the all inclusive service. Glad to hear it only took 5 weeks! I've heard it can range from 1 week to 8 weeks.

Top Bottom