• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only osculating "device" I can think of are a pair of lips...and the thought of excrement hitting them is just nasty.

And I'm perfectly fine with Boise State being left out again.

It might be interesting to watch the world without the internet they've come to love in the last seventeen years. Let's bring back local dial-up BBSes and 2400 modems for a few weeks. Good lord...just the thought of returning to the days of waiting two hours for a single por...er, photograph to download. Ack. ;)

Boise State > Notre Dame right now. Just sayin

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I've asked myself, "why would someone want to shut down internet knowing the devastation, panic and destruction it would cause". I can never find an answer to that. It would have to be a complete madman.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've asked myself, "why would someone want to shut down internet knowing the devastation, panic and destruction it would cause". I can never find an answer to that. It would have to be a complete madman.

Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if, say, trained chinese hackers took over the stock market, civil defense networks, online news networks, remember the Predator hacking incident?, military networks, political networks, top secret servers, the list goes on and on.

I'm not saying I'm all for this bill. I think it's completely stupid and the wrong way to go about protection of our infrastructure. You have to, sometimes, fight fire with fire. Especially in this case. You have to fight hacker with hacker, cracker with cracker.

I suppose I should stop saying hackers since most all hackers will gain access to the server of their choice and just snope around. Crackers break in to networks with the intent of doing harm. Just to clear that up.

So, their intentions are good with this bill, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. It's a good idea, but a power that no one person should have. It should be a power left to Congress or a omniparty committee made up of politicians, military leaders, and a few people from the civilian sector.

However, I still maintain that in the case of crackers intent on hurting our cyberspace systems in America, you have to fight fire with fire.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if, say, trained chinese hackers took over the stock market, civil defense networks, online news networks, remember the Predator hacking incident?, military networks, political networks, top secret servers, the list goes on and on.

I'm not saying I'm all for this bill. I think it's completely stupid and the wrong way to go about protection of our infrastructure. You have to, sometimes, fight fire with fire. Especially in this case. You have to fight hacker with hacker, cracker with cracker.

I suppose I should stop saying hackers since most all hackers will gain access to the server of their choice and just snope around. Crackers break in to networks with the intent of doing harm. Just to clear that up.

So, their intentions are good with this bill, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. It's a good idea, but a power that no one person should have. It should be a power left to Congress or a omniparty committee made up of politicians, military leaders, and a few people from the civilian sector.

However, I still maintain that in the case of crackers intent on hurting our cyberspace systems in America, you have to fight fire with fire.

You have a point SE, but what concerns me most, above all other considerations is gunowner930's statement. I have zero confidence in our government and elected officials. To trust a government that has already openly screwed the American people over and without conscience with that much power is just worse than a bad idea.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You have a point SE, but what concerns me most, above all other considerations is gunowner930's statement. I have zero confidence in our government and elected officials. To trust a government that has already openly screwed the American people over and without conscience with that much power is just worse than a bad idea.

EXACTLY. However, I would accept a very varied group committee being in control that includes more than just Federal Government employees and politicians. And with today's technology of being able to conference through many different pieces of technology at the same time, decisions could be made in minutes before there was any permanent damage and give a cyber-force of anti-hackers to combat those looking to do serious harm.

The bad thing is that minutes COULD amount to a very close scenario as which played out in "Live Free or Die Hard". After seeing that movie (yes, I realize it's just a movie), I set out to learn just how dependent our system is on hackable networks. The conclusion is devastating. It's also the reason I'm so strongly opposed to A.I. as well. But that's a WHOLE NUTHER animal. :):

I just think more and more that a cyber force as depicted by Tom Clancy in "NetForce" would be a decent idea if properly kept in check.

But that's the whole problem with our distrust of government. We refuse to check them like we should. Media has failed us. It's time The People use our greatest check and balance. Us.

Then things like "NetForce" wouldn't be so "Big Brotherish".

Top Bottom