• Winner?

• Total voters

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I have never been a fan of Silvas attitude but Sonnens attitude is even worse. So while I would like to see Silva dethroned, in this case I hope Silva breaks his jaw with a knockout kick to the head so we dont have to listen to a post fight interview. But that is just my :twocents:

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Dana is just turning this into WWF/WWE he's pushing these drama queens because it sells. Frank Mir got destroyed by Lesnar and ended up pulling an ankle lock out of his ass but eveyone praises him for it. Until Silva fights St. Pierre I think I'm done with UFC. Same goes for boxing until Mayweather fights Pacquiao on a fair platform.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Dana is just turning this into WWF/WWE he's pushing these drama queens because it sells. Frank Mir got destroyed by Lesnar and ended up pulling an ankle lock out of his ass but eveyone praises him for it. Until Silva fights St. Pierre I think I'm done with UFC. Same goes for boxing until Mayweather fights Pacquiao on a fair platform.

That is why I would rather see Sonnen get beat to a bloody pulp, IMO he(his attitude/persona) is worse for MMA then any three other people combined. In Silvas case he was called out for being a jackass and for the most part has started being MUCH more respectfull of his opponents in and out of the ring. Sonnen on the other hand seems to be trying out for the WWE and honestly I hope he gets the job so I don't have to see/hear him anymore.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    dislike them both but i think silva will win although i personally want to see him loose to someone i like :D

jake

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

I think silva would beat GSP but it would be close... I think bones would destroy silva... I thing GSP and silva are going to have to try and do what couture did and go for a belt in another weight class. No real challenges left for the near and semi distant future....

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I think silva would beat GSP but it would be close... I think bones would destroy silva... I thing GSP and silva are going to have to try and do what couture did and go for a belt in another weight class. No real challenges left for the near and semi distant future....

I think the only thing holding Bones back would be his inexperience, I think right now Silva might be able to take him, but not for long. I think Silva would tear through GSP though. GSP is too careful when he fights, and Silva would destroy him with his reach.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

I think the only thing holding Bones back would be his inexperience, I think right now Silva might be able to take him, but not for long. I think Silva would tear through GSP though. GSP is too careful when he fights, and Silva would destroy him with his reach.

Bones Jones and Silva is exciting to think about. I wouldn't want to call that one at this stage but do know that it should be an exciting fight.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

Sonnen being a bit more carefull would have done him worlds of good.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Bones Jones and Silva is exciting to think about. I wouldn't want to call that one at this stage but do know that it should be an exciting fight.

Post-fight Anderson said he has no desire to go up and fight Bones. Bones was later interviewed and the reporter brought that to his attention...Bones basically said the feeling is mutual. Apparently they have a lot of respect for each other and don't want to fight.

Sonnen being a bit more carefull would have done him worlds of good.

That spinning backfail was hilarious. That classless :poop: talker got what he deserved.

I absolutely loved how much Anderson trolled him post fight and he didn't even know it.

Edit: I went ahead and voted for Silva in this thread, because that is who I had pre-fight and can be proven via FB timestamp. :):

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Every time Silva holds back and waits for the other guy to attack, waits for their screw up then counters, works well for him. I agree GSP would be no match, all he does is win wars of attrition, never a KO, not sure he could take the punches from Silva

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Post-fight Anderson said he has no desire to go up and fight Bones. Bones was later interviewed and the reporter brought that to his attention...Bones basically said the feeling is mutual. Apparently they have a lot of respect for each other and don't want to fight.

That spinning backfail was hilarious. That classless :poop: talker got what he deserved.

I absolutely loved how much Anderson trolled him post fight and he didn't even know it.

Edit: I went ahead and voted for Silva in this thread, because that is who I had pre-fight and can be proven via FB timestamp. :):

Ya me too, I don't care for Sonnen at all and was very happy to see him throw himself on the ground, and then to watch his chest be caved in. I loved Silva inviting him to a BBQ at his house lol.

Silva has nothing to gain by fighting Jones, so that's why I think he would never fight him. There is no one in Silva's weight class that can challenge him, and if he moved up he would risk losing to Jones. I think Jones might say he would never fight Silva, but he also said the same thing about Rashad Evans. I think Jones would fight anyone in his weight class, and I think he is too big to ever move down.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ya me too, I don't care for Sonnen at all and was very happy to see him throw himself on the ground, and then to watch his chest be caved in. I loved Silva inviting him to a BBQ at his house lol.

That was a part of the trolling...Sonnen actually said pre-fight that after he beat his ass, he was going to slap Anderson's wife on the ass and tell her to make him a steak.

Silva has nothing to gain by fighting Jones, so that's why I think he would never fight him. There is no one in Silva's weight class that can challenge him, and if he moved up he would risk losing to Jones. I think Jones might say he would never fight Silva, but he also said the same thing about Rashad Evans. I think Jones would fight anyone in his weight class, and I think he is too big to ever move down.

Actually, he has a LHW championship to gain...

Replace "Jones" with "Silva" and I'd agree.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    That was a part of the trolling...Sonnen actually said pre-fight that after he beat his ass, he was going to slap Anderson's wife on the ass and tell her to make him a steak.

Actually, he has a LHW championship to gain...

Replace "Jones" with "Silva" and I'd agree.

He doesn't need the belt and risk a chance at a loss. He is 36 years old and has the longest title defense streak in the history of the UFC, winning a belt in a different weight class doesn't change anything for him, he would still be considered the greatest, but if he lost it could tarnish his rep. He has far more to lose than to gain by fighting Jones.

If Jones lost to Silva it wouldn't hurt him much, everyone would say well he is still really young and lost to the greatest MMA fighter in the history of the UFC, his rep wouldnt be tarnished by a loss to Silva. Silva is risking alot more by fighting Jones, and that is why I think it won't happen IMO.

Top Bottom